SAU Community

Custom Boot Install

sindows

I want to do a custom boot install for my two subs which i havnt yet purchased (same with the amp LOL.... at the moment it just a sealed box and 250 amp in the boot) i want it too look good, have functionallity i.e. access to fuses/battery and spare tyre.

Just wondering if anyones could thought up some images to inspire me?

Im thinking of doing it like the dude from sweeden did, subs on the left accept the one on the back would be facing the opposit way so the back of the sub is point out and have the xbox on the right-hand side of the back part of the boot and have the amp mounted on the back peice. Behind perspex or not i havnt really decided...

I think most of it will be fibreglass, but as i said before the most thing i want out of it apart from it looking good is that it has functionallity...

I dont want to get a flat and then spend two hours just getting the tyre out!

Or blow light fuses have have to trash the back of the car cause i cant change them....

Give me you thoughts,

Cheers,

Mitch

:cheers:

tried that 1 doesnt seem to want to

but anyway the best way to complete a boot install is to pay someone else to do it

to create the angles and mounts required for a solid enclosure you will pull your hair out half way through and pay someone to finish it :P

hmmmm, i cant wait to get some spare $$$. ive got my old system from my datto sitting in my room. just waiting so i can do another killer job, dun wanna rush it. want to have excess money so i can take the car off the road and not hafta stop half way cuz i forgot sumthing. the most anoying part is making test box's (it cost me 2 much in MDF) and i dont know how much ill be using. also would like to keep the weight down but again i love my car audio so spare no expense. hmmmm, one way to counter the weight problem is more power.... which means more money... which means less for car audio. damit!!!

2 type-r 12"s

fusion frad 1.5

oddy bat (as extra)

phillips amp 300wrms (gonna sell)

clarion amp 600wrms (gonna sell or keep for splits/6x9's depends how much room i have)

alpine d-class mono 1000wrms amp or 2 d-class mono 550wrms (yet to purchase)

(hu already in) cda-7894 perfect for this install but i may replace with IVA-D300E later as it controlls the amps better.

still havnt made up my mind on cables and i realy wanted to do a ported job but there isnt the space unless i take out the back seat and that kills the perpos of a 4door.

sorry, gettin carried away. *wipes drool off laptop*

but then i dont have functionallity!

I had the same problem, I couldn't really bring myself to sacrifice the space saver, although I doubt when the time comes, I'll trust it enough to actually use it! :confused:

Anywho, after a few attempt, my mate and I managed to come up with a "somewhat" practical design that still leaves access to the space saver.

Basically its just a frame with a top plate that houses the 12" and one of the 3 amps, could easily be designed for 2 subs tho. Bonnet Pins hold the plate tight in place. It's not really designed to be taken off frequently, but the option is there. Once the plate is out, you reach through, undo the space saver and it slides out through the frame.

The panels on the side house the 2 other amps and also leave room for some tool and crap down either side. Took a fair bit of stuffing around (and i'm yet to replace the back plate, but otherwise, it sounds great, doesn't rattle, and i'm quite happy with it.

Boot_Install.JPG

Cadence_Gear.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
if you have time and some hair that you dont mind pulling out you can easily get 2 X 12" subs in your boot....

yes.... yes you can lol

<-------------------------- check avatar