SAU Community

Toyo Drift National Coverage on Channel 10

Adz

Hi all,

As you may have noticed, Channel 10 are running a number of drifting segments over the next few days, all of the just past Toyo Drift Nationals.

Channel 10 are unsure of how this sport will be accepted by the public, and if they don't receive a positive reaction, it will be a long time before we see it on Ch 10 again (which as we all know, is the "home of motorsport" hehe).

So what we are asking of everyone here is if you watch Channel 10 News Channel 10 (5:35pm Thurs 21/4), Sports Tonight (Ch 10, 11pm Thurs, 21/4) or Trackside (Ch 10, 1pm Sunday, 24/4 - particularly the last half), and if you like what you see give channel 10 a call and let them know what you think, and that you would like to see more of it.

Here are the local numbers for around Australia:

Qld: (07) 3214 1010

NSW: (02) 9650 1010

VIC: (03) 9275 1010

SA: (08) 8239 1010

WA: (08) 9345 1010

This means so much to us at Full Lock Motorsport, we have been working toward this for 2 years, and this is a huge step for drifting to take in Australia.

A huge thankyou in advance goes out to all those who show us some support this weekend!!

Happy Drifting all!!

Apart from the 'flamin' yobbo it was good...great to finally see some on commercial TV. I'd like an email address if you've got one, too...

My only problem is that my TV guide seems to think we in country vic get:

1pm Superbikes Preview

2pm WRC Rd 4

3pm RPM

No Trackside? We usually get it, so I hope this is just astuff up in the paper and not that we'll actually miss it. If anyone can set up a ripped video of it that would be good, just in case.

<^>

Just saw the coverage then by luck!

I would also ask - is that it? however, its a bit hard considering the track is like 5 seconds long!

I think it is definetly a positive boost for the industry however, I think it would have helped a lot when the drivers were having their final comments, to plug drifting as a serious sport.

I certainly hope drifting recieves more coverage and increase popularity.

Jus watched coverage on trackside.

It seemed a bit amuterish(sp) not big concern to me i know and understand whats going on, I hope for the ppl out there who've never experianced it werent put of by that aspect of it, I think the comentating was very ordinary and that was a part of the problem. all in all as a fledgling sport it's good to get any coverage at all,

i reckon it was great! for TV coverage i mean.. obviously you're gonna get better on a DVD or whatever, but i reckon good on channel 10 for having it on!

good to see one of our NSW club members Darren get his mug on TV too (in the green S14)!!

^ Actually I think they had a little bit of it on Speedweek a few weeks ago, but anyway...luckily my TV guide was wrong and I got to see it. Reasonably good coverage of it (better than I expected) and I'm going to send Ten an email saying 'well done, want more' so it will hopefully become a regular thing if a few people do it.

<^>

Fantastic to see a Free-To-Air channel have the guts to give Drift a try before the Pay channels do!

And I think Drift will really go down a treat on Ten. Not just because it's the self proclamied "Home Of Motorsport", but because Ten seems to be a bit more of a youth orientated station then the others, and Drift really is a motorsport that is frequented by the younger generation.

I myself missed the coverage today, but if anyone happened to rip it I'd love to d/l it and give it a look.

Just so you all know, you can have your say on the forums on RPM.

Cheers Channel Ten :rofl:

LOL...id sooner see footage of the Perth Street Car series, or Improved Production etc etc on Channel 10. But i would be just about the only one :kick:

There are plenty of DVDs / internet footage if you want to see drift, same cant be said for some of the local racing series which id personally enjoy more.

Still, its all good as long as any drift coverage they show in the future doesnt take away form exposure to other series/classes of real motorsport, but instead crappy sports like AFL etc. :rofl:

lol...i love joking about drifting not being a sport, all the drifters out there get so rev'd up:)

if you did happen to see this on channel ten and would like to see more, then follow this link thru to RPM's web forum and let channel 10 know -

http://www.rpmlive.tv/pitboard/forums/9/ShowForum.aspx

heaps of people are beginning to get on there from the silvia forum, and the more people we get the more likely it is that 10 will notice.

cheers