SAU Community

WHats Your Favourite BOV?

mofodm

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the stutter when low boosting, but i was really after the high pitch ching sound. Do you need to run more than 7 psi to get it?

Apexi dual chamber BOV is easy to install and sounds awesome, has that high pitch sound when revving hard!! also has 3 different sounds but you can hardly notice the difference between them

i don't know if i'm sold on the brotec. my cousins friend had one on his 180 and it didn't make the whup-whup-da-doo-whup-chufff sound he wanted. maybe he just didn't have the right setting chosed on his ecu? the brotec bov is tuneable, isn't it?

i don't know if i'm sold on the brotec. my cousins friend had one on his 180 and it didn't make the whup-whup-da-doo-whup-chufff sound he wanted. maybe he just didn't have the right setting chosed on his ecu? the brotec bov is tuneable, isn't it?

Bro you gotta retune it, I know this guy with a whikid hookup at Carshop nagano if it helps.

They offer a complimentary can of coke while you wait to

Why would you bother getting an aftermarket BOV that is plumb back if the stock one is plumb back ?

So basically atmo BOV's are good for performance because there is a slight decrease in lag and they prolong turbo life but plumb backs are good because they give a smoother ride ?

Bro you gotta retune it, I know this guy with a whikid hookup at Carshop nagano if it helps.

They offer a complimentary can of coke while you wait to

i would love to go, but eddy told me they want 3 surfie shirts per re-tune?? I don't have that kind of doh atm... ;)

So basically atmo BOV's are good for performance because there is a slight decrease in lag and they prolong turbo life but plumb backs are good because they give a smoother ride ?

almost right.

the only change to your post is that ATMO bovs are good for nothing.

Aftermarket plumback bovs are good for the sticker they come with.

This brotec device sounds interesting.

I'll take 12

almost right.

I'll take 12

As a matter of fact Brotec is running a special, buy 12 get 15 free, but the offer is strictly limited to the next 50,000 callers - be quick

almost right.

I'll take 12

i will sell you mine. I'm sick of the farking thing. I've had to have it re-tuned so many times it's not funny and it still doesn't go whup-whup-da-doo-whup-chufff.

I got a HKS super sequential BOV on my car....only because I don't want my turbo stalling when I lift off the throttle. I dont care what anyone says, I'd rather be safe and run a BOV cause for me a GT30 aint cheap. Anyways, I must make my point about the HKS superquential BOV: what a gay souonding BOV. WTF did the designers think: that a squeek is a nice sound....they gayest sounding BOV on the market. The design concept it great but why did they choose that sound? Im gonna plumb it back very soon. If anyone knows how to make it sound just like a pssssht rather than like a cat getting run over, let me know. The reason why I bought this valve is because of its design (push-pull) which garantees no leak but sure as hell not for the sound.