SAU Community

help me wif paint plz!

DOU33

Oh and i think it was also a bit of the interior also included in that price

But is house of colour worth it or is it over rated if u could find better things to spend your money on?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you missed that one dude. Like I know paint can be expencive, but bloody hell, you could buy another skyline for that much!

End of the day, if the place cant paint, and cant do good prep work, and dont do the right stuff after painting, its gona look arse anyway.

Yeah true Daveo theres a lot of other better things to spend your money on i suppose such as engine and handling.

But a colour change from the run of the mill silver would be nice you got to admit

That's way too much. I'm about to pay $1500 for a good paint job. It is only in black though and it's through a friend. Airbrushing is usually $2000 on it's own and I know a guy who is probably the best in the country. I have to get some cards and send them out to people to drum up some business. I am still trying to find a good resprayer for you though. It is very hard to find someone who does an extremely good job and doesn't charge a lot. A few of my friends have suggested Very Fast Paint Shop. They seem to think he is pretty good but would need the car for around 2 weeks. Give them a try.

man if you are seriously considering $13k on a spray job can you please pass me some of the drugs you are taking??

though on the flip side:

not many people hesistate to spend $13k on performance.. either way its your car.

I suppose to alot of us it just seems like a waste to spend $13k on paint.. you cant do anything with paint :S

DC Autotrim. Granite Street, Geebung. Does awesome leather work. 07 3265 7078

Highly Recommend.

yer i went and seen this guy today he showed me some of his work hes the guy doin my retrim for sure. beautiful work thanks for the recommendation

:D

No worries for the trimmer. I am doing a HSV conversion across the street at night and I spoke to him for you last night. He did a friend of mines Torana. Mad job in white leather. How huge are his arms? I guess it's from pushing needles through leather all day lol.

Sorry about the painter though. They are very booked up from what I have been told. But some people have told me they do a great job. I would never, ever spend anywhere near $13,000 on paint. You can get awesome paintjobs in Brisbane for under $5000 so all you have to do is look around.

thats cool thanks man.

yer but $13.000 was for a full candy house of color paint job with the different colours through it

nah but I get what your saying its too expensive

yep hes trimming mine in white leather and some other colour inserts yet I havnt decided yet what goes with white lol.

anyways went to Drift King at Geebung what do you think about them

I love there two white skylines the nice as!!!

they are gonna look at mine and pull it to a healthy 280-300rwkw I hope anyways for the amount I want to spend.

I will be getting heaps of quotes berfore I make the decision on who to use and most importanty opinions from different people on good mechanics.

Who do you recommend Daniel??

Hear Brisbane Turbo And Tuning At Wollongabba are good but i think there quite pricey!

Thanks for keeping my thread alive Daniel where are all the other members????does my post suck that much????

Come on people!!!!!!!!!

Looking to meet up with some Skyliners too as I dont know any just stupid Commonwhore drivers lol. Oh and my best mates got a nissan pulsar so lol yer i need to meet some Skyliners and get in the know

Peace out! Greg

Have heard bad things about Drift King.

BD&T are good but like you said, pricey.

Have you spoken to Mercury Motorsports? They are a club sponsor and always look after us.

Very in the know about everything. I would steer clear of Drift King if I were you. Also, if you want to upgrade your turbo, let me know as I can chew the arse out of anyones price.

If you have any questions about work being done or what is needed to be done to achieve a certain level, just ask me and I'll help you out.

• 4 weeks later...

Go rodney! Did you even read the thread? :P very surprised others have not pounced on poor rainman :mad: No offense rodney.....