SAU Community

car washing stations in brisvegas?

WazR32GTSt

g'day,

being new to QLD and living on-campus at university, i have no access to a hose or anywhere to wash my car ;)

back in melb, there were heaps of places were you wash your car yourself... like a row of washing bays attached to eachother (usually next to servo's)

you could take your car, put a couple of dollars in the machine and use the high pressure hose and soap etc.

is there anywhere like this near St Lucia??

i found a place near the RBWH that charges $10 for a hand-wash but that's been my best luck yet and i don't want to have to go back and pay $10 for a stupid wash!

thanks for your help,

Warren.

We sometimes (when feeling lazy) go to the carwash at eight mile plains. Probably a fair way from St Lucia but its $6 for 14 minutes which is just enough time to prewash/wash/water/spot free rinse a skyline.

But be careful with any high pressure hose, at the above mentioned car wash, some of our paint flaked off from the high pressure hose.

They've gotta have a ton of taps on the campus don't they? What about that park about half way along fred schonell drive? Worst comes to worst there's a car wash at the shell on coronation drive. Or there's a tap I think in the carpark of the toowong bridge club. I've seen them do fundraising carwashes there.

i know its a little far but there is a proper car wash place just as you exit off the ICB in albion.....dunno what it costs tho as i never been there........and a while after that is carlovers on sandgate road but thats like another 10-15min dirve....its on my way home from uni anyway........so what are you studying....im there doing science..2nd year.