SAU Community

Custom Dash?

RICHH

hi guys...not sure if this is in the right part...but i am looking for a place that does like custom dash's in melbourne..like fits gauges and moulds them and things...could someone give me a number or a adress if they no anywhere? thanks RICHH

hi guys...not sure if this is in the right part...but i am looking for a place that does like custom dash's in melbourne..like fits gauges and moulds them and things...could someone give me a number or a adress if they no anywhere? thanks RICHH

Give The Dashboard Centre a call. They can pretty much do anything you want. Just had the plastic dash/gear box surround of mine coated in a carbon fibre finish. They did a great job. :D

www.dashboardcentre.com.au

can u post some pics up of what u got done ?

New_Dash.JPG

This was taken in pretty crap light, but once you're in the car it looks great. My old one just looked tacky cus it had peeled. This gives it a nice edge.

New_Dash.JPG  

This was taken in pretty crap light, but once you're in the car it looks great. My old one just looked tacky cus it had peeled. This gives it a nice edge.

Very nice, what sort of dollars did this cost???

Very nice, what sort of dollars did this cost???

Well I had looked at doing this myself (sanding back and respraying) but was too scared that i'd stuff it up.

They quoted $500 cus they HATE having to peel the black film off the dash. They said if I did it myself, it'd be $300, ended up getting it all for $280. It is a lot, but just looks nuts compared to the half decomposed crap that was there. That also included a massive fracture through the entire dash and smoothing over the antenna switch housing.

I understand why they charge that much to do the peeling, its a crappy job, but if you've got the time, why not? :)

They need your dash for a week to do it, or 2 if they sandblast it to get the film off. They can do any kind of colour or finish you like, I would NEVER do it, but their woodgrain comes up a treat.

*edit - oh and my mate and I did the boot install ourselves*