SAU Community

MODIFIED CAR OWNERS BLAMED FOR PEOPLE GETTING SHOT!! ACA's slander goes to far :(

2g: Sucks that you have received hard time from cops, but nothing you say can justify that guys behaviour mate. Sorry.

I hate getting picked on by cops for having a fast car, but the fact is they will be the ones that will kick the crims ass if your car ever gets stolen one day. They are the ones that have to put up with domestic violence, abuse from guys as mentioned, lets face it being a cop would suck!

You seem like a pretty angry young man, Like I am, maybe that might have something to do with why you are so sick of getting lumped into a stereotype?

I understand where your coming from, but think about it.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its obvious they were playing up for the camera. Apart from the little guy with the napoleon complex, looks like he makes a habit of that kind of behaviour. "take off your badge and you gun" pft too many movies for that moron and too many beatings as a child or something.

Yeh being a cop does suck.

We deal with cops/nurses etc all day at work and you would believe how many have just fried their brains from constantly going to fatal accidents, murders, ppl bashed, ODs etc etc. The few who do make it to retirement age are usually very distraught.

So consider that cops are still people, some are morons just like some lebos but most just wanna live life and be happy. They dont need a bunch of goons giving em crap for doing their jobs.

One cousin has a RX7 and another has a WRX (both cosimetically stock). They are constantly labeled crims, and always get pulled over by the police because of their ethnic appearances, but they are the most friendly, people i know and they would NEVER in a million years lay a finger on another person, they have families with kids, work hard and they dont drive aggressively either. Its a fault of society that people are judged based on their appearances.

Lifes hard and the world is full of ignorant dickheads, not much you can do.

Kinda hard to judge ppl by any other means. The short little guy looks like he gets bashed at least once a month so u can assume he had something to do with it, or is he just unlucky and wouldnt hurt a fly? think not.

Same as the guy i saw buying a single can of black spray piant in repco the other day while his buddy waits outside, chapped lips, bloodshot eyes, overall messy appearance. You think he was gonna go paint something? dont think so.

So you were on some panel? I still call BS to 90% of that. Revenue my arse. If you think the cops are actually making money from all the pissing about with defects, then I think you're deluded.

I don't care whether drag racing kills or not. I care that some f#cking wankers think that its fine and ok to do it on the road!  

How the fark are we going to fix these people? chemical castration.....lobotomy....I have no idea which wire is crossed in their heads.

The cops are doing something good by discouraging it, but its still the wrong thing. It should be discouraged by people realising its a dickheaded thing to do, not by them going "oh noes da pigz will defekt my sik car or impound my sweet whip y0, *** da pigz".

This is exactly why I never reply to posts of this nature, if there is difference of opinion someone is talking shit or they are an idiot. Check the figures cops (ie the government) make very good money from "pissing around", I never mentioned defects, I said revenue raised from road fines, and targeting so called "hoons"!!!

I never said that drag racing should be allowed or that wankers dont exist on out road, or for that matter that police dont do a good job in general and that it should not be discouraged....My arguement was that the government and police know that car enthusists are a soft target and that any unfair or unjustified attention on the car scene is backed up by both the media )through sensationalising the story's) and the wider public (who only know what they have been told!!!!)... FOr god sake a drunk behind the wheel gets off at a court appearance 9 times out of 10 with a lighter punishment than a person who does a so called "burnout".

Dont worry Daniel made sense to me at least.

Ive heard that without the propaganda machine behind it speed cameras and all that jazz will not work. So they pour heaps of money into those road signs

"police now targeting: You"

and the countless ads you see on tv.

Who was it that said all Speed camera fines go into heart and lung research? bs they do. Must admit though, the dont drive tired campaign is a good 1, cant fine ppl for being tired.

Oh and there also has to be a separation between "enthusiast" and "car modifier" there are alot of those stupid exhaust ppl out there and alot of ricers.

Ive seen cars with more money spent on the bodykit and wheels than on the purchase of the car that have standard everything except exhaust tip. Now that is just stupid.

Boostzor: I think you just quite successfully summed up the term 'ricer'.. one who spends more money on the wheels + kit than the car.

Your probably right, this is typical media brainwashing bullsh*t. You can not tell me that the big media guys and those in charge of making big decisions dont all know each other. I'm sure its in ALL their interest to create said propoganda.

A mate of mine who is on the straight and narrow use to hang out with old school friends from time to time. They were decent enough blokes to talk to etc, but they were lesser known local drug dealers. After my mates lic plat was noted in their driveway one day he for the next few months became a ‘person of interest’

LOL…he was pulled over in his Corrolla so damn often it wasn’t funny. Nothing sinister, or abusive, but strip out the car, search him. When my mate worked out what was going on, he soon realised that a casual acquaintance from school was not worth the agro. So you don’t have to have done anything wrong, but if you’re a known associate of a crook or ppl that aren’t popular with police, then your tarred with the same brush until they suss out what your relationship is with that person. Once they had it sorted that my mate was a sweetheart he got the headsup “you know…####,…old school friend huh…suggest you steer clear of him unless your looking for unwanted attention as well”

Right or wrong its up to the individual to choose their mates….

And also it’s a free world, and you should be able to dress how you please. And don’t give me the socio-economic dribble, it costs a sh1t load to look so poor house:) But the way you dress at 10pm on a Saturday night also influences ppls perception of you, so naturally the police may look at you in a certain way…lol. I always have that Roy Orbison or Van Morrison CD handy for If I get pulled over:)

Anyway this is going to turn into meaningless generalisations, the guys are tools. And ill bet the Police didn’t say anything to that nutter, all that need happen was he got pulled over and the defect book came out and that would have been enough. God love him for getting it off his chest…at least you have to give him that:)

you should know that i never am :D

Yeah I know but it's a bit harsh mate - 2GU obviously cops it from the police already it's not fair to bash him round here too.

.... .. ... although I can't help to think of fat pizza.. "what's the problem officer, take it from me I'm a top driver" :wassup:

I wanna roll with Roy.

"Sir please step out of the vehicle"

"This bloke is Roy, he drinks beer"

"oh.. carry on sir."

"Thank you officer."

:D

I got no cause for concern, cops see me with my blonde hair, ghostly pale skin, freckles, sandles, boardshorts and some non descript t-shirt, LOL, I just scream menace to society. Even if I lived in Macquarie Fields I bet I would be ok. Im likely to have them take pity on me :D

Had a cop car follow me thru one of the more policed suburbs the other week, seemed to follow me for a few blocks, saw that I wasn’t doing anything silly, probably did a licence check and saw that im a clean skin and let me be…god I love being perfect:) My day will come though, probably at 3.30am when ive got a belly full of pi55 and im doing something I shouldn’t be doing:)

Yeh im a bit like that too. Ive been drving this auster around for almost 2 years now and it makes a huge racket with its crappy flowing exhaust and noisy air filter plus the tint is stupid dark. Never been pulled over in this car.

One time, in my old supra, i flew through a set of lights round a corner and there was a cop at the red waiting. Pulled me over and found my theft deterent (massive bashin stick) they just let me go. Thats happend to me a few times when i could have sworn i was gonna get busted.no dice.

I even used the "sorry mate i just got these new shoes and the toes are a little heavy"

"mate we heard u 30 secs before we saw you, take it easy already"

My old man used to be a cop, i hear they have that on record. Prefrential treatment? not that im complaining. :D

MMm

Those guys on ACA were totaly disrespectful. Even if they are hassled by police, they shudnt treat them the same way because If they have done you wrong, they will suffer for it some way in the future. It put a terrible image on car enthusiasts and in Particular ethnic ones.

Now sure the cops do wrong things, Hell - I got pulled over and ripped for having a legal car and a hoarde of other fines- I actually thanked the policeman as he left. Its terrible but what can you do? Some day that policeman will have his day.

I can see how a ethnic person could be targeted though, which is very unfortunate because not all people are alike - I believe that If I have done something wrong, I deserve it, so the BEST I can do is to try to drive sensibly which I do, I wont say ive been perfect in the past, but I certainly do try.

I believe tonight they are running with "police should be given more powers to tackle these issues" line..

I don't quite see how police could have *more* powers than they currently do to be honest.

* They have the right to pretty much arbitary claim that the car is too noisy (even if its not), with no official test equipment , resulting in fines and great inconvenience to the owner.

* make the owner pay a fine for something that may not even be illegal, with the owner having very little recourse if it was just purely made up.

* As far as I know, they have the right to arrest somebody for verbally abusing a police officer, and could have in that situation arrested the leb.

* They have the power to confiscate the car (in many states now) if its believed that it has been involved in hoonish behaviour.

* pull somebody over for a random breath test at any time, thereby giving them a lead into any other investigation of the car.

* They can at the very least issue a major defect which will mean that the owner is not allowed to drive the car from that point onwards.

* Arrest or charge a driver for "dangerous driving" for pretty much any standard "hoon" act as doing a burnout, doughnut, etc.

Well they don't have the power to beat the shit out of somebody, but I don't quite know what else they need the power to be able to do.

Heres ure answer pred.

Maybe something similar to this is the answer.

http://grab.orsm.net/php/movies.php?file=u...29/iraqicar.wmv

thanks to orsm for hosting this 1

So what they are really saying is not that police should have more power but that we should have less.

Next step is a Guantanamo bay for hoons. Hold them without trial, good plan. :kick:

I'm suprised you guys actually watch TV !! You should know that most current affair programs are biased and full of media propaganda. They probably just put that article up to kick up a stir with their young audience as they are loosing them to the Internet !