SAU Community

help..removing the 4wd fuse..

gtRHINO

Hey guys im a new member here and i have a gtr r32. my front diff is making a wineing phone, atm im saving to get the front diff fixed but for now i took out the 4wd fuse to prevent further damage.

So as i remove the 4wd fuse its running rwd, but i was wondering what the down side to it. will i get any problems in the long run? would it suff up my 4wd system or the HICAS if the fuse stays out? Im not goin to take it easy for the time being. but any information would be really appreciated. Thanks guys!!!

So itll be alright if ijust leave it yea? just that i have no cash to fix the front diff. just hopen that there will be no futur probs if i leave it rwd. oh one more thing... would it be ok if it gun it every now and then or just easy driving? Thanks for your help. :)

i'm not sure if the diff in the rear will suffer if you're baking up the tyres all the time ?

but i'm 99.9% certain you're not going to hurt the 4wd system or hicas :rofl:

thanks alot for your help dudes. Also just one more question. i just found out there is another fuse under the dash. whats the difference between the two. I just unplugged the one from the engine bay. Another thing is that the 4wd fuse is shared with some heating thing. would that disable my heater? which fuse would be better to unplug?

thanks heaps for ur help jimih!!

i made a switch in mine so that i could flick it between rear wheel drive and front wheel drive, and i made it link into the relay under the bonnet.

i'd probably just unplug the one under the bonnet and leave the one under the dash

:)

im no expert in the 4WD system on GTR's But when i was going to get my R32 gtr dyno'ed on 2WD dyno I said we'll just pull the fuse, the Mechanic whinced and said it would be better to cut and tap the censors to the boot, drain the 4WD fluid, (in the boot) and drop the front drive shaft.

He explained to me that by just pulling the fuse for the pump, the diff could still operate and with no (very little) fluid moving around it SHREAD the box.

hey thanks for the replies guys... yea thats wat im worried about? when my r32 gtr runs on 4wd theres a wineing noise but ever since i pulled out the fuse the noise is gone. so it is possible that it can stuff up my box and front diff if i just pulled out the fuse? and what censors do you tap up?

ive been driving with out the fuse for like a week now but this prob still gets to me?

one more question... if u want to replace/repair the front diff how can you take it out? do you have to take out the engine? any other useful info would be great guys and thanks for your help.. :cheers:

the only down side of removing the 4wd drive fuse is that your abs will no longer work either they use the same sensors only R33 R34 GTR cant have the switch in it 32 you can..!

i have installed a nice switch on mine 2 weeks ago and have yet to use it..

just drop out bottom of dash then unscrew fuse block if i remember correctlly there are 2 wires coming from back of 4wd fuse 1 is just fo abs and the other is 4wd it is thicker gauge

wire cut that a fault light will come up on the dash (4wd and abs) if only abs comes up you have cut the wrong one.

not to worry just solder back up and insulation tape it .

so when you have found the correct wire strip it touch the bare ends together and the 4wd and abs fault light will go away it will take about 5 secs now put the switch in series with the fuse so that the fuse can operate as a protection device still.

solder all up and install the switch were ever you please before putting dash back make sure that the switch is functioning and thats it

happy motoring