SAU Community

Not really a cruise... more of an "event"

Amaru

yea i got all my own shit so i dont really want to do a snowboard package and all that as i just spend more money on stuff i dont even use. Also at least if we stay pending how i feel i can drive lol one disadvantage to not drinking i always get voted designated driver lol

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the package above only costs in transport and accomodation... lift ticket and ski hire are on top (obviously if you got your own stuff, you dont need to hire).

Plusses are you dont have to worry bout driving/parking/chains etc.

im keen on 3 days, but i also emailed that company about getting a private 13 seat coach and doing friday/saturday/sunday... will wait from answers from a few places and then post back :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so to get this kinda back on track, I have talked to some places and basically the deal Andrew (SkyGTRline) found is looking the best.

So... those who want to come, when do you want to go and for how many days?

Im thinking around mid August and for the 3 days during the week.

Let me know, and we'll work something out and get booking.

i'm up for it.

nick, is that at the kookaburra lodge?

three days sounds good. the last time i went last year i did a three day/two night trip to jindy, accomodation was $155, lift pass for two days was $166, board hire for two days was about $90.

i should also add, two day lift passes cost a fair whack, so the day trips you can do with murrays are cheap as...

Ok heres my rough cost estimation...

3 Day Midweek Madness Package includes

- 3 nights accomodation at the Snowy Valley Resort, Jindabyne

- Transport from Canberra to Snowy Valley Resort by luxury coach

- Shuttle bus transport up and down the mountain each day (includes National Park entry fees)

- Complimentary 3 course dinner at the Lakeview Bistro

- Hot breakfast each morning

- Party night is Wednesday Night in Jindabyne

Busses depart Canberra at 10:30PM Monday night, returning late Thursday night.

Cost: $289 per person

EXTRA COSTS YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY

Skis stocks and boots hire -- $55

Snowboard and boots hire -- $69

Hire clothes (jacket, pants etc) -- check out some ski and camping shops for good prices

3 day lift pass / with skitube -- $248 / $302

Spending money each day for food and drinks at Perisher -- $25

So for a grand total of around $562 plus your ski/board/clothes hire. Then add on some extra cash for going out in Jindabyne, id say $650-700 would be suitable for most people.

i doubt i can take 3 days off during the week :thumbsup: two maybe but with one of our guys away i doubt i will be given the time off. Do they do like a sunday, monday tuesday or thursday, friday saturday ???

Ok heres my rough cost estimation...

3 Day Midweek Madness Package includes

- 3 nights accomodation at the Snowy Valley Resort, Jindabyne

- Transport from Canberra to Snowy Valley Resort by luxury coach

- Shuttle bus transport up and down the mountain each day (includes National Park entry fees)

- Complimentary 3 course dinner at the Lakeview Bistro

- Hot breakfast each morning

- Party night is Wednesday Night in Jindabyne

Busses depart Canberra at 10:30PM Monday night, returning late Thursday night.

Cost: $289 per person

EXTRA COSTS YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY

Skis stocks and boots hire -- $55

Snowboard and boots hire -- $69

Hire clothes (jacket, pants etc) -- check out some ski and camping shops for good prices

3 day lift pass / with skitube -- $248 / $302

Spending money each day for food and drinks at Perisher -- $25

So for a grand total of around $562 plus your ski/board/clothes hire. Then add on some extra cash for going out in Jindabyne, id say $650-700 would be suitable for most people.

is this for a group booking or not because they maybe cheaper if we get the numbers

$650-700

if there were 5 or more ppl interested, i would be highly inclined to go visit the flight centre, and ask em what they can do in term of group tickets to new zealand, with that amount of ppl, u can get cheap as chips accomodation. snow in NZ rips the shit out of perisher in a good year, and for $100-200 more, why not eh?

is this for a group booking or not because they maybe cheaper if we get the numbers

Spoke to them about group booking and they need 15 people or more.

As for the NZ idea, the problem is we need definate numbers

well some of us dont have to hire gear so those who do start looking for friends stuff to nock off of the 2 or 3 days, thats what i have done much cheaper

Oh I do intend on giving the gear back at the end

Sounds awsome... im a mad boarder so was goin up any way, but with a few skyliners is even better, I have a mate who ownes village ski shop in cooma whou could do a good deal on board/boots/pants hire if we go in a group. so yeh keen 4 SURE! :D