SAU Community

Price of respray????

Not sure about all this commision business! but anyways... in regards to colours i can understand wanting to keep a custom mix a secret, but if its a factory colour then its really no secret anyway!

in regards to price of resprays just bear in mind that with pretty much anything that involves labour, you are usually going to get what you pay for.

Theres nothing worse than a nice car (or potentially nice car) with a cheap paintjob! runs, drips, poor masking, bad buffing... You dont have to spend 8k to get a good paint job. But the difference between 3k and 5k will be worth it IMO. Colour changes among the import scene is very common atm. Good if you want to stand out from standard, but youll have to spend a little more to stand out from all the cheap jobs.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to know who does a full professional respray in sydney, hopefully around sutherland shire.. Maybe one day i would like to get a full midnight purple (just like the gtrs) spray done.. What would the cost be for this?? anyone??

hey all,

any idea the kinda price for just an overspray of the original colour? say, my car is black, with a few bland patches and generally not an A1 shiny coat. any idea rather then a full on colour change?

cheers, shaun.

just get it flow coated dude

basically a cut back and off the gun clear coat give it that show room shine

hey dude, would that work for me with the scratches?? they're not down to metal or anything but deep enough to notice.

i got no idea where ur from bud, but up in qld (brissy) theres a place called South East Smash Repairs, located next 2 where AresSpeed used to be.. done a few cars i know of.. if u want just a different colour on outside not inside doors n engine bay i think its about 1.5-2k. bare metal is about 3-3.5k which includes rust cut out etc.. if u wanna know more give us a PM..

Steve.

yea but thats looks shit with the door jambs a different colour

engine bay i can understand but you cant leave the door jambs

if you cars a standard colour and its got scratches and a couple dents a flow coat can still work as long as the painter car match the colour for the areas that have to repaired

then the whole car gets a wet clear coat and hopfully it will be good enough off the gun and not need a buff

it will look like new

yea but thats looks shit with the door jambs a different colour

engine bay i can understand but you cant leave the door jambs

if you cars a standard colour and its got scratches and a couple dents a flow coat can still work as long as the painter car match the colour for the areas that have to repaired

then the whole car gets a wet clear coat and hopfully it will be good enough off the gun and not need a buff

it will look like new

hey anthony

does every pannel shop do this?

2GU UP 2 2 questions:

1. do you have any high res pics of your car? If so can you email me some to crazed_asian(at)hotmail.com or post a couple in your gallery?

2. did you ever get that C/F front lower lip spoiler? If so how much / pics?

silver - most panel shops should do it

its nothing really major its just a clear coat

go down to MC racing tell brian i sent you

ronin - the only pics i have of the car are here

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/elisdah.../pics/2GU%20UP/

you're a useful guy to have around man, thanks for answering so many questions. I might go and see the guys at MC racing when i've got enough spare dosh (prolly around tax return time!! hahaha)

Would be good if i could get it looking good without a full respray. If not then i guess i'll have to go all out

Cheers

just talking from experience lol

dont wanna see guys making the same mistakes i have and wasting their hard earned money :)

oh and for the carbon fibre front lip question

apparently its leaving tomorrow so ill have it by the weekend

G'day Anthony,

would be really interested (as a lot of people with GT-R's of our era) in a price for something like this, my paint is really mint apart from a couple of light scratches previous owner had on the front bar and some fading on the rear spoiler.... the only scratches at all are 2 kids bike handle (previous owner had rug rats!!) and the open metal ends have scratched a few marks in the side of it..... :(

any ideas? it is a non urgent matter.... car has to be driving first!!!!

just get it flow coated dude

basically a cut back and off the gun clear coat give it that show room shine