SAU Community

defected/fined for something not on the car?

ecl

Hiya

A friend got fined in bella vista for having foglights. However, the thing is that her car (integra DC2R) does not have foglights but the cop still wrote a fine out.

Is there anything she can do?

Pretty irritating seeing we werent "hooning around" and was driving at the speed limit to a mate's place.

Eric

yeah, i'll tell her that

its not so much the $$ but the principle of the thing

we tried explaining how the car did NOT have foggies but the cop told us to shut up lol

I bet the dump cop thought the parkies were foglights !

Write to them but it wont do you any good .

Go to court and take any evidence with you that you can prove that the car doesnt come with foggies .

Does it have "driving lights"?  Tell us the whole story.  What was the cop seeing?  They didn't just look at a piece of black plastic and say turn those lights off.

The parkies on some integra models look like foggies and they are fairly bright too .

you caan have driving lights, but only be fined if they are turned on in normal driving.

i got pulled over for an rbt one day in my subaru when i had it and the cop told me to turn them off or he'd book me for them... it had just stopped raining though. i had them on due to heavy rain.

appeal to the fine, see where that gets you. when you get a reply back, go from there.

did you get the cops name and badge?? probs told you to shut up then too.

good luck with it

cheers

Linton

since when have foglights been illegal?

Also note that the SS Commy and XR6T and XR8 highway patrol cars have foglights...standard.

They can only be used if there is poor visibillity in fog or heavy rain , they can even book you if you have them on during the day , so don't use them if there is no fog .

i got pulled over for an rbt one day in my subaru when i had it and the cop told me to turn them off or he'd book me for them... it had just stopped raining though. i had them on due to heavy rain.
You can only have them on when fog is about...

guess wat guys the dumb ass cops did the same thing to me..

just tell her to write a letter to the infringement beaureu telling the story and she will get let off. just say u went to the rta and got them verified to not being fog lights..

In any occupation you do you get some sort of training

so when your are supporting or selling a product you have the product knowledge

How the hell is it that a cop can defect you but he/she/pig does not have the knowledge about the RTA rules and regulations.

If the cops did that to me I would have just gone with the flow, been polite and friendly. Then would take photos of my car, maybe even go to a honda dealer and ask them to verify that it does not have fog lights (for a laugh) and then send in a letter of appeal.

if that fails take it to court.