SAU Community

Congrats David aka: Leewah GTR on setting New AUTOSALON DYNO RECORD

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dam right that flame was hot back there... i was of 2 the side bout half way up da stand and it was hot enough to scare the SH-T outa my mate who has had a bad experience with explosions.... needless to say i laughed at him :D

What are these DynoLog chasis dyno like compared to Dyno Dynamics?

Im not suggesting anything, just questioning? ;)

From the results i have seen on these dynos as opposed to dyno dynamics dynos:

1. They read lower then dyno dynamics dynos generally

2. You can't cheat the figures as easily as weather conditions are detected or dowloaded or something (can't remember exactly)

Just watched the video link(thanks R32_GODZILLA !);all I can say is "FAAAAARK!" Congratulations,Dave! Well,I'm off to the toilet;pass the Kleenex,someone? :whackit: !!

From the results i have seen on these dynos as opposed to dyno dynamics dynos:

1. They read lower then dyno dynamics dynos generally

2. You can't cheat the figures as easily as weather conditions are detected or dowloaded or something (can't remember exactly)

It all depends on how a DD dyno is configured as you have to put in your own weather conditions, hence shootout mode is used as a base sometimes. I can't tell you what the dyno at Ice would give as the car almost came off the rollers a couple times before we gave up trying and accepted a figure of 600+

The dyno at MAS takes weather readings 500 times per second during a run and makes the appropriate changes in the configuration to give an accurate reading.

It all depends on how a DD dyno is configured as you have to put in your own weather conditions, hence shootout mode is used as a base sometimes.  I can't tell you what the dyno at Ice would give as the car almost came off the rollers a couple times before we gave up trying and accepted a figure of 600+

The dyno at MAS takes weather readings 500 times per second during a run and makes the appropriate changes in the configuration to give an accurate reading.

What he said^^^^

Have ICE thought about getting different rollers or is it purely because of the power your car is putting down and the torque? Having said that i have seen some cars only making 230rwkw almost climbing out of the rollers due to some crazy lsd's they have been running (they weren't strapped down though).

You know you've got a really tough car when you can't get an accurate dyno reading from it :(

I would guess so. An Rb30/26 S15 in autosalon mag a while back with t51r spl was making a claimed 1600Nm of torque or more. My 33 made over 700nm of torque with a little under 400rwhp so i would believe that it's making this much torque.

What he said^^^^

Have ICE thought about getting different rollers or is it purely because of the power your car is putting down and the torque? Having said that i have seen some cars only making 230rwkw almost climbing out of the rollers due to some crazy lsd's they have been running (they weren't strapped down though).

You know you've got a really tough car when you can't get an accurate dyno reading from it  :)

The problem we have is that when the nos is injected, the power comes in so hard that the straps (3 of them) have trouble keeping the car down. The straps are tied to a bar attached to the dyno and it bends.

Is 1,550 Nm a true Nm figure? Is it comparable to the figures you read in the magazines.

AFAIK, this figure is accurate to the wheels. Magazines tend to quote torque at the fly as all tests are performed on an engine dyno.

There is another measurement of tractive effort but I have NFI what it translates to. All I know is that I'm making more than 13000Nm of tractive effort.

• 2 months later...
:bonk: i have the record now lol

see you all at jamboree

heard about that.... congrats.

i have heard people saying that the car wasn't or couldn't be driven home though? what happened to it?

not taking the piss, i am curious as i don't know how long a motor could last with that kind of power?

Jamie

jas/slo32,

What was the total amount of power your car has made and was that in 4wd mode or Rwd mode.

Congrats btw and are you expecting more out of it or are you happy with what it is currently making.

i read on another forum it made 1070rwhp, correct me if i got it wrong.

i think its an auto gtst with rb30/26 in it if i am thinking of the right car.