SAU Community

HI

My mate just got a 4door 32 and its stock. Looking at doing the exhaust first, do the 32gtst exhaust bolt onto the 4door? I would imagine other parts like FMIC kits are the same as 2door but un sure with the Exhaust???

:)

I think the 32 4 door is actully longer in the tail end than the coupe not too long tho perhaps a tip is all you would need

Everythings pretty much the same, esp. in the front, I know from experience FMIC kits fit, and front bars swap. The rear is different (apart from obviously 2 extra doors), rear bars, lights, boot, spoiler all different, and the car IS marginally longer.

Mine already came with a 3" system, but I say just find a good exhaust shop and get them to make you something up, go a pre-fabbed dump & front pipe (maybe something like BATMBL sells) and a name-brand muffler, then get them to join it all up.

If you're looking to pick somethng up second hand then just take it to get lengthened where necessary.

I'd be very surprised if a coupe exhaust doesn't bolt straight on.

The wheel base is the same length and in the accessories thread in the tutorial section there are some rear pods that are listed as suitable for both coupe and sedan so I don't think the sedan can be that much longer overall.

The sedan requires approx. 70mm in there somewhere, as I bought a 2nd hand 2dr exh. & MR TURBO on the G/C had to lenghten it so it was out from under rear bar.

coupe exhaust are exactly the same as a coupe

remember the only thing that makes the skyline a sedan is the fact it has smaller front doors to make the backs fit...

so the chasisi is the same

everything from a coupe will fit to an 4 door (except bodykits obviosly)

The chassis IS the same but the sedans are longer from boot to tip.

SEDAN 	 COUPE

------------------	------------------

Exterior dimensions (LxWxH), mm  4580 x 1695 x 1340  4530 x 1695 x 1325 

Interior dimensions (LxWxH), mm  1850 x 1400 x 1105  1805 x 1400 x 1090 

Wheel base, mm     2615    2615 

Treads (F/R), mm    1460 / 1460 	 1460 / 1460 

Ground clearance, mm    145    145 

Curb vehicle weight, kg   1290    1260

I guess the arse just hangs over a little more, so it stands to reason the exhaust would have to be that little bit longer.

i have a buddyclub turbo back exhaust on my 4 door...

now obviously buddyclub did not make an exhaust specific for the 4 door 32...  

heres a pic of my exhaust to show you where it sits

http://hatsukoi.driftshop.com.au/DSCN0500.jpg

- adz

Well case closed, they must fit, and Adz that must be one bloody loud exhaust.

oosh ive seen your car around man... we must catchup sometime n chat 4 doors!

got plenty of mates with 4 doors so im sure theres room for another haha

ahh my exhaust goes to exhaust tech next friday... to get that catback section modified to twin 3.5" pipes out the back, 3" stainless custom dump pipe to suit the new hks t04e turbo, front pipe and catout pipe... and extending my external gate pipe to come out of my sideskirt

- adz

oosh ive seen your car around man... we must catchup sometime n chat 4 doors!
Cool, well I'm gonna be at the SVD dyno day tm morning and teh SAU meet in the evening. Otherwise PM me next time there's a 4 door gathering happening! ;)

Can't believe how many 4drs there are in Adelaide compared to Melb, it's amazing.

Can I play too

I've now got 2 silver R33 4 doors

You haven't got the 2nd one down here yet! :O

But sure, i don't mind if you come play. :(

• 2 weeks later...

fitted a n1 style exhaust from a 2 door the other day on my 4 door case closed. By the way to the guy that paid someone to modify the exhaust go get your money back!

my exhaust is now for sale guys...

catback buddyclub power II... 3" cat flange to a 4 inch tip... small resi near the cat... no rear muffler... full stainlesssteel (picture is a few posts above)

looks for 550... deffinately a unique and high quality system! fit 2 door AND 4 door :) (could fit anything really if you wanted to change the mounting brackets... cefiro... 33 etc)

- adz