SAU Community

Stalling issues

SHY32

Have you got an atmo bov Syl or not. I can't remember.

My old 33 GTST used to stall a bit when I had the atmo bov on it. Was all good again when I put a recirculating one back on.

Unless you have resently done something to the car (or let Mark at it again...) then Id say its either a dirt issue, or something wearing out/down, or something has come off or lose. Prob either what Erin said or similar. Id be looking for a split vac hose but. Its not exactly a new car anymore.

I've been having a couple of issues with my car stalling too, but just recently. Seems to have only happened in the colder weather. One really bad batch of fuel from somewhere i don't usually go made it especially bad... But it was ok after that tank was gone. I reckon water has washed into the petrol tank under the ground at the petrol station. Happened in melbourne heaps (of times).

It could also be that I reset the ecu, and its cold start thingo went a bit dicky as it never got to tune itself to colder temps.. as it runs fine in warm weather.

I was having this problem when I stopped sharply, it was happening when the revs come down too fast. I read somewhere that it has to do with something kicking in at low revs that is supposed to make the car quieter at idle, and if the revs came down real fast from 2k+ to the 500 it's supposed to sit at when idling my car would stall every time. Also was stalling occasionally when stopped in traffic, I could tell when it was gonna do it because the rev needle would bounce from 400-1000, could hear it struggling then stall. Could fix this by getting the revs up a bit for a sec then bringing slowly back down.

Anyway, not sure what caused it in the end but since I had a full service (change timing belt, fluids changed) it hasn't stalled since (about a month so far).

I had a similar problem, mainly after driving down the highway with the air con on and pulling up at lights. Cleaned the mesh on the AFM and then the throttle body. Seems to have solved most of it. Then again I have my car idle at about 800....seems 500 is a bit low????

I've also had my idle adjusted somehow on the pfc... It revs about 300rpm higher for about 2 seconds then drops so when I pull up anywhere... it's idling higher which means it won't cut out.

I love power fc's :cheers:

I just my car dyno'd after installing FMIC and it started stalling at the lights. I took it back and he changed the spark plugs saying they need gapping every so often esp if they're old or non irididium.