SAU Community

Typhoon back in showrooms this week!!

QuickR33Melb

For those of you that have read the paper today you may have seen the article saying the typhoon is back in production???

What are your thoughts on this much acclaimed (and now seemingly faultless) Australian muscle car???

270kw and 550nm of torque standard sounds pretty damn tempting since I’m in the market for a new work car in 3 months. Peak torque is at a rediculous 2700rpm!!!!!!!!

Those of you that are into tuning may know that the BA Falcons Engine Management is easily reprogrammable and considerable gains can be made by lifting conservative factory settings.

I know its no skyline but unfortunately you can’t buy/lease grey imports through fleet.

Typhoon - $58950 RRP

XR6T - $46350 RRP

The Typhoon is a nice car and I know it's not as simple as this but $12k for 30kw and 100nm? I guess it all depends on what you want to do (or not do) with it.

I know its no skyline but unfortunately you can’t buy/lease grey imports through fleet.

My cars on a novated lease through work :cheers:

But you'll get a new car with warrenty with the ford

but then again - just because its new, doesn't make its build quality any better. pic attached :cheers:

Andrew,

Thats a great picture! Hey how did you get a GTR through novated lease? Our work arrangement is based on a 20k allowance pa, no car older than 24 months from build date and no grey imports or private purchases.

By the way I work at McDonalds head office.

Typhoon - $58950 RRP

XR6T - $46350 RRP

The Typhoon is a nice car and I know it's not as simple as this but $12k for 30kw and 100nm? I guess it all depends on what you want to do (or not do) with it.

Remember that power figure is *claimed*. The GT is 290kw and the Typhoon eats it.

Typhoon - $58950 RRP

XR6T - $46350 RRP

12g of mods to stock xr6t will be $$ better spent.

In recent tests the Falcon GT got killed by even the Commodore SS.

But you'll get a new car with warrenty with the ford

but then again - just because its new, doesn't make its build quality any better. pic attached :(

I wonder how much normal everyday driving is done in this car? :cheers:

TRACK1 Plate may explain some issues.. then again it is a Ford.

I have a few mates that work at Ford development and manufacturing, all state that, stock to stock, the XR6-t is faster than the Typhoon, and have seen 1/4 mile tests to prove it. The only advantage is the torque made by the Typhoon.

It all comes back to power/weight :), personally i will stick with my 11yr old Skyline and wave as i am going past.