SAU Community

Change to go-karting event this Saturday!!!

Nightcrawler

Sorry to make this last minute change, but Richmond Kart Mania rang me today to confirm our booking, and told me it is a 1 hour booking for 8-12 people between 7 and 8pm, with another group having booked the place out from 8-10pm. I actually booked (or thought I had) a 2 hour slot for us, but the guy that took my booking must have stuffed it up somehow. What we can do instead is kart from 6pm-8pm, giving us 2 grand prix events, where we have 2 eventual winners and trophy holders.

SO

Intead of meeting at the meet place (that I have PM'd those that asked for it) for dinner at 5:30pm, can we please still meet there and we will cruise straight to Richmond for karting (we can grab a burger there at Hungry Jacks for a snack to last us until dinner).

THEN after karting do we want to go somewhere for late dinner around town/near Richmond somewhere (which will work out better for down South people anyhow I would think).

Again, sorry for the stuff up but it is beyond my control.

So is everyone OK with that? Either meet at the North-Eastern spot I PM'd to people at 5:30pm, or meet us directly at Richmond at 6pm.

I will PM this info to everyone on the attendee list also.

Andrew

Andrew,and others,

Why dont you try Villies after for a meal,close by cheap, and shouldn't be a problem with parking at that time of the nite!

Regards,

SKYLINE (Kym)... :headspin:

Unfortunatley wont see you guys there as ive told andrew, couldnt change time of prior engangement any furthur. Was looking forward to it... oh well! Enjoy, i want to hear stories and pictures!

ive asked andrew to pm me the meeting place at 5:30 through sms but if he doesnt get this message can someone who knows the location send me a message - 0424082939 as that would be greatly appreciated.

We split into 2 random groups for 2 grand prix.

All up MattR won his group and Sambo and I tied for winner of the 2nd group (on a points basis over qualifying and 4 races). I think the best time of the day was MattR with a 21.19.

Thanks to all that came, we had 17 racers all up, which was a healthy turnout. We went to Vili's for tea afterwards, then most of us continued on to MattR's for his Birthday bash. The darts and 8-ball were great as always - as was the wooded Jamesons - owww my head this morning!

The next major event is likely to be paintballing at a venue TBA. I would think we might do this in June or July, weather permitting.

Yeap good night all round, thanks Andrew for organising it, Matty for the post-event drinking venue, and Will for playing taxi driver (love that LS1 grunt) so more of us could :O

Paintballing would be wicked. The one down at Blackwood past the Barasso on the way to Gawler have good maps especially the capture the flag one. The only problem is the dirt road of 5kms, its ok for one car to drive slow, but the cars following it will have stuffed up air filters and a new car colour.

Yeap good night all round, thanks Andrew for organising it, Matty for the post-event drinking venue, and Will for playing taxi driver (love that LS1 grunt) so more of us could :O

:werd:

Yeah, top night out! Big thanks to Andrew, Matt & Will! looking forward to the next one! :(

Cheers,

Sam

:werd:

Yeah, top night out! Big thanks to Andrew, Matt & Will! looking forward to the next one! :D

Cheers,

Sam

ditto. Had alot of fun thanks to you guys.

• 4 weeks later...