SAU Community

show n shine........

Luke and I have entered and are heading up on Saturday, I was hoping to leave around 10am just so that we have some time to get settled when we hit the hotel (alcohol will play a big part in that)...

It would be really cool to go up in a group but as Jayce said, too much attention isnt good, but it will prbably be ok if no one does anything stupid and all cars are legal.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon 12 noon ("High noon" to you Clint Eastwood wannabes...) at Shell EPIC/Natex will see us arrive around 4.30/ish at our destination,if not sooner. Well,that's what time I'll be leaving:whoever is at the servo' at 12,feel free to tag along! Oh,yes:walkie talkie communications is a good idea;I'll have a spare one with me(Channel 32,naturally-LOL!).

]']so u guyz leaving sat arvo is it??

people from NSW are leaving @ 6:30 on sunday morning

Yep,Satd'y arv. If we didn't have to drive 4 1/2 hours,we'd leave Sunday morning,too!

Jayce if you guys are heading thru sydney about 4 give me a bell thats when we are heading off. Are you guys staying at the Sebel as well?

And at 5.58 am,I drag my tired arse out to the shed to put my GTR back together for the drive North...yawn! I'll buzz ya as we're passing thru'-I reckon it'll be 3ish,at the mo'-but ya never know what may happen along the way! And we're staying at the "El Lago Waters,Tuggerah Lakes" @ The Entrance....

After the weekend's frivolities,here's what I posted up in the NSW section...

From one Canberran's point of view,I reckon it was a fairly smoothly run event,with HEAPS of drool-worthy artillery! There are sooooo many cars that come to mind,but those of you that were there already have your fave's burnt into your memories and memory cards;those that weren't there-you should've been! One of our "adopted" ACT SAU'ers drove 7 1/2 hours each way from Wagga Wagga (OscarR32-marone R32 GTS-T) just to be part of the show! And we met a rally-spec'd Niss' owner and SAU member from Canberra we never even knew about! All in all,I've got more inspiration to drag our crew back(OK;they'll come willingly)to do it all again next year!

Oh,and my favorites? Stacey & Paul's two.06l R32 GTR....now that's how a 32 should be! Obviously Terry's ex-Gentleman Jim's R31 was stunning,the two classic 'Lines in silver,the copious amount of Volk/Rays fitted to most cars,the S14 with the RB26DETT was brilliantly done(you go,girl!)...and the list goes on!

Massive thanks to the organisers for putting the event on,and thanks to the local constabulary(!!!)for giving everyone the heads up re:travelling home-they could've been sneaky and lay in wait for an easy meal,but chose to reveal their hand. Anyone get caught speeding on the way home that DIDN'T earn it? Honestly?!? And thanks also to the Mingarra(sp?) Club for having us;I hope we're there again next year!

And while I'm feelin' in a keyboard mood,I'd like to thank Frink and R31DET for helping me fly the ACT flag(OK,so I'm a NSW address,but you know where I'm coming from...)-there really shoulda been more of us! Next year,however... hint,hint! Also prop's to oscarR32for having the commitment to do the drive in a car that only just got put back together. Luke Mick & myself had a good drive;I really thought we'd be running the gauntlet of Police attention all the way there and back,but we didn't see a single Highway Patrol,and only one super sneaky speed camera at the new 90km/h zone Goulburn-side of Lake George(and he didn't get us law-abiding citizens). We all stayed alert with use of walkie talkies;much hacking on,tech' discussion,notable quotes and Tenacious D-playing was had on the road up & back...until Mick's batteries died at Lake George,leaving Luke to pay out at will with no fear of reprisal(Luke:remember that Mick could still LISTEN to your banter for a while there...revenge may be swift and silent,LOL). Ah,road trips...

And a big thanks to my very ill wife that put up with all our Skyline talk for 36 hours...! She was suffering from much sickness,big time,by the time we got home,and all to come along for the ride! Not bad commitment,coming from a Subie fan! Ah,well;at least we all got a Scoobaroo fix when the GENUINE 22B rolled into the show'n'shine grounds...damn,whata car!

yeah it was a top weekend. the drive up was good and so was the drive back. it didnt get boring once. the cars at the show were hot and congrats to all winners, they really deserved it. the company was great, cars were awesome, weather was good, but the hotel sucked.....all in all, a great weekend! gotta thank mick, jayce and erica for a top time.

next year more of us should go and we could set-up our own ACT section? a thought anyway.

OH! and congrats to me for winning 1st prize in the raffle and a day at a skid pan at eastern creek! :crazy:

Thanks for putting in such a big effort to come up guys. That kind of commitment invites respect and good behaviour from every one else.

Oscar - I looked for you but no find sorry. Did you get a prize? You were supposed to but I didn't chase up whether you got it or not.

I drove up from Wagga last year so I know the effort required.