SAU Community

** Skylines Australia NSW Drag day July 31 **

Abo Bob

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm well depends, if i get a fuel pump in time. booked in for a dyno tune on thursday but only have a walbro pump at the moment and dont think its going to flow enough. have ordered a bosch 044 but i think its going to show up too late so will prob just have to make do with the walbro...

anyway if it all going right i hope to get close to an 11 or low 12 if i cant get my launches right and only have shit tyres

Guest DIRTgarage
alot more fun when u have some power. actualy takes skill

and balls........oh sorry Moanie/Stace......ill rephrase that "courage"

Hey benm, I probably have a spot for you.

Will definately advise shortly (today).

El Bee

Benm has found found a spot in place of Humbla (Genelle) who cannot be there.

Should be good Ben.

Enjoy!

Laurie

Anyone posted the details for this event yet??

Should we assume they are the same as for a street meet:

http://www.wsid.com.au/default.asp?CatID=1...67&ParentID=165

Must we bring the vehicle rego papers etc?

Long sleeve shirt & pants etc?

Cars under 11.99 require ANDRA Licence!?

What time does it start/end?

Are paying spectators allowed?

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• This was amazing and something I feel like a lot of younger enthusiasts, like myself, need to hear. I've been observing a local dyno shop spitting out 650-800HP RBs but when looking at their graphs, the car is basically dead until 5-6k RPM when it skyrockets.     I’ve decided to change my goal and go for that 450whp mark and aim for quick spool, responsiveness, and practicality (I can't afford my engine being a consumable, haha). Now, looking for the best suitable turbo for this application, I'm considering: • Garett GTX3076R Gen 2 ( .62 or .82) • Garrett GTX3576R Gen 2  ( .62 or .82), room for improvement later? • HyperGear ATR43SS2 ( .62 or .82) • Pulsar PSR3076  ( .62 or .82) • Pulsar PSR3576 ( .62 or .82), room for improvement later? Any recommendations? I know the HyperGear and Pulsar aren’t name brands but they’re sure budget friendly    
    • Can you bypass the damper as well, it can also fail
    • Oops, guess I accidentally deleted the last digit of the video ID. This one drives me nuts. VCT is such a big advantage for basic driveability and it costs very little to do. It's not like we're dealing with an E60 M5 with its dedicated high pressure VVT oil pump + hydraulic line carrying 1000+ psi and all that fun stuff. I also see a lot of people speak poorly about EGR and try to delete it in modern GDI engines. The problem is modern GDI relies on cooled high pressure EGR to improve timing margin at high load + RPM. So unless you're compensating for it by raising octane you have to completely retune when it's deleted.
    • Yeah, I was just trying to show on camera that the manifold is pulling enough vacuum through that hose to pull the diaphram in the stock fpr but couldn't really hear it on film.  Yeah, it's strange. Fuel should be by-passing through the reg to exit back into the tank thus reducing the fuel pressure: Sorry for my awful drawing here (I like to make diagrams to understand it better 🤪) The (temporary) fuel gauge is plumbed between the fuel filter and dampner. I've already eliminated the possible cause of restriction that the return line might have had and it's not that because I placed a long hose from the FPR (exit from the fuel rail), by-passing the 2nd dampner and return line, then straight into the filler fuel cap (as seen on my first vid). And it was still at 50 psi. Which means that I have a fuel restriction between the 1st dampner and the FPR.  Possible causes: Blockage/restiction in the 1st dampner: I know it's not this because I've swapped it out to a known working one from a spare complete neo engine sitting in the shed. Blockage/restiction in the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR): Also, can't be this because I swapped it out to a known working one from the other engine.  Blockage/restriction in the fuel rail and fuel rail's lines: this could probably be the case. Maybe red rubber grease got in there when I changed the injectors (with new seals) a year ago? Who knows. The only way to know is if I take the bastard off and inspect it (or swap it to the other spare one), which I think I will just have to do.  Injectors causing a restriction in fuel causing high pressure? Could this be? I wouldn't think so? Because even if injectors were completely blocked, fuel would just by-pass them through to the FPR and exit? Let me know if I'm wrong though. Because if that's the case, it could explain some weird electrical shit where the injectors aren't opening enough or something.  Air bubbles in fuel rail? Can this be a thing? Could air get trapped inside the fuel rail and cause high pressure? Shouldn't though right? Faulty pressure gauge? I just grabbed this old pressure gauge that was sitting in our toolbox at work. I'm going to buy another gauge and see if I get the same result just incase. But it reads the priming correctly at 40ish psi. idk... The spare rb25det neo engine that we have in the shed came out of my brother's R34 that was working perfectly fine before we pulled it out to slap a rb30/25det neo in there. It also has the same xsprut 640cc injectors on the fuel rail still. So I might have to swap them out and see what it does. 😮‍💨
    • Yep, like how people insist VCT does nothing, delete them OR say how twin scroll is a waste of time.