SAU Community

Can Weber get up tonight?

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Webber didn't even look like he was trying to get out of that incident - seemed to head straight for the kitty litter?????

Anyways, all I have to say now is go DC!

DC was a good chance of getting on the podium if it wasnt for the silly drive thru:(

Still a great result for DC...im so stoked that he is doing a good job, it seems he is enjoying th echange from McLaren:)

Weber seems just a little too keen for a result, perhaps putting too much pressure on himself. If the first turn was a long flowing corner, sure then stick the nose up there late under brakes and see what happens. But on a tight 1st corner, he should have known what he was getting himself in for by brakign so late...you dont wn races on the first corner:(

Still he is aggressive and keen, its easier to temper the enthusiasm then it is to get the fire burning:)

Yeah I was rather disappointed DC got that drive through. Have to admit, he's doing better at RBR than Maclaren.

Hard luck on Kimi, but hey, that's F1 for ya! He was quick but he was pushing TOO hard if you ask me. Out in the lead and spin out like that.

The Webber incident, he locked up the front right wheel and just went straight. He admitted fault to it so no arguing who was at fault.

So frustrating, looking forward to Webber gaining another podium but it was no deal! I dislike Alonso such a dik i hate how ****y he is after the race holding 4 fingers up saying he won four races, wen he didnt deserve to win the last one. He is a little man with a big head.

lol, Alonso is bloody talented but and deserves to be there, I dont think much could have been done about Kimis accident, the wheel may have come off even if he wasnt pushing by the end anyway and it didnt look fixable with a pit stop, its just a shame for him and mclaren

Webber cant take a trick, slaughtered on first turn/start at Monaco then overcooks it and takes himself out on the first corner at nurburg

such a dissapointment. with the amount of fuel they claim webber had and a two stop strategy he would have been looking good for a podium and a finish ahead of heidfeld. possibly P1 even. Oh well, time to look forward to next time. I think the biggest problem now is he has to qualify first next race which will make if quite hard for him to qualify up the order. good race though. and I also am not an Alonso fan. good driver, very quick but such a tool.

The biggest problem for Marky Mark is that he has to learn how to launch the bloody thing properly. His starts are a disapointment.

Why couldnt Kimi's car hold out for one more lap! ;)

As for webber, i think he just got a little too eager to hold his position. To be honest i was more disappointed for JPM, I think he could very well have won the race with kimi's retirement had webber not hit him. He had the speed judging by how quickly he made his way up through the field.

Oh well...that's F1 for ya! We'll be sure to see kimi back at his best at montreal!

Well, it will sure get interesting the next few races with Button perhaps beign free of his BAR contract due to a performance clause. So that leaves Heidfield who Williams have an option for next year, and Weber who they have contracted for next year:)

If Heidfeild wins a GP or gets a few more podiums and Weber is still showing only promise but still not matching the results of Heidfield?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Will be an interesting to keep an eye on the pit paddock to see what happens the next month or two.

I'm pretty sure that Heidfeld will go to Sauber if Williams decide to sign Button. It's pretty much a done deal that Sauber will have BMW power next year and I think that Heidfeld will come as part of the package if he's available.

It's a shame for Heidfeld though. I feel that he is currently doing more than enough to justify his position at Williams...can't really say the same for 'pretty boy' Button though, who I think is one of the more overrated drivers in F1 (mainly due to a combination of biased British race commentary and an absolutely irratic, unpredictable team mate).

Be interesting to see what happens this weekend - Kimi will be hard to beat again. It would also be good to see Webber up there contesting for a podium again (although it'll be difficult being first out in qualifying as a result of his early retirement at the Nurburgring) and I also have a susupicion that the red cars may start to make a bit of a resurgence as well.

yeah, sato is crap. he makes button look good. bully for him i say...

definately will be interesting to see what happens if heidfeld continues to come up with the goods, possibly Button and heidfeld at williams, and webber at BAR??hahaha doubt it, I think williams will show a little patience with webber. they know he has the talent, and the dedication to make it happen. montreal will be a very interesting race.

Webber isn't going anywhere!! Not unless Williams want to pay out the remaining two years of his contract at 6m a year, I don't think so!! As for his starts what is he doing wrong? The start system is fully automated!! BMW needs to get it's sh+t together and stop whingeing about Williams. The problem isn't with the car or the driver!! In a head to head battle Webber would beat Heidfeld nine out of ten times. He should have been called in first in Monaco (Heidfeld being German might have something to do with that) and if the thing got off the line half decently he would have had another two podiums at least . The problem is that because it launches like a 120y automatic he has to take risks to maintain his qualifying position otherwise he follows Trulli for the first stint and that is the end of any chance of a win!! He is out there to win and with a little luck he will win one this year.

The start system is fully automated!!
Umm, I think you'll find that would have been true for last year, although I don't think there is any launch control device in 2005. Williams do have a massive problem with there starts though - but funnily enough, Heidfeld doesn't seem to have as much as a problem as Webber does getting off the line. Webber also had the same problem at Jaguar (remember Malaysia 04 and numerous other times), so me thinks he has a bit of work to do on his starts.

Just checked the official Formula 1 site: launch control is banned for 2005, traction control is not, but its operation below 100km/h is supposedly limited. So theoretically, good starts are more in the hands of the driver than previously. Having said that, I don't think anyone believes that the current spec Williams is a "Renault" when it comes to starts. It will be interesting to see how Mark goes if he starts from a lower grid postition at Montreal, I reckon it might be a good oppurtunity for him to shine, if he can survive the first lap unscathed. How ironic was the European GP with Jarno getting a penalty! If only Mark had not been so Tru(lli)ely phobic! LOL Hopefully someone will punt Mark's nemesis so he doesn't go batty looking at the Toyota's rear wing! {just kidding}

machg

yes i agree with others comments about british biased and to be quite honest uninformative crap commentary (its sometimes good i suppose but still)

and webber/williams starts.....one other factor is apparently low torque from the BMW compared to say the Renault to get it going from low road speed......not a justification but a complicating factor

and webber/williams starts.....one other factor is apparently low torque from the BMW compared to say the Renault to get it going from low road speed......not a justification but a complicating factor

Renaults have by far the best low down torque of all cars this year and last. its probably good that webber is starting down the grid (perhaps) just to get a better idea of his starts?? if webber can race a good race this will show the potential he was hired for! :uh-huh: :uh-huh: :uh-huh: