SAU Community

Tyres you use(d) and how u would rate them

Hi Guys,

I have falken 452's all round but need new fronts to pass rego as they are super worn. I can see a lot of positive comments for the yoko AD08R. My car is strictly street use and does not get driven too hard, but i do drive in dry and wet conditions. Are these OK or better off getting something else like toyo t1's?

AD08 would be massive overkill for your requirements.

Seen those MOMO M3? You can get KU31, FK453/FK453, Nitto, etc. Lots of options mate.

Hi Guys,

I have falken 452's all round but need new fronts to pass rego as they are super worn. I can see a lot of positive comments for the yoko AD08R. My car is strictly street use and does not get driven too hard, but i do drive in dry and wet conditions. Are these OK or better off getting something else like toyo t1's?

Get some Kumho KU31 or KU39 as it's just a street car.. both tyres mentioned are heaps better that those Falken tyres.

OR Step it up a notch, get some Nitto INVO, fantastic daily tyre that doesn't mind a few laps on the track.

Anyone got personal experience with the Invo's and tyre noise? I'm trying to find something that's nice and quiet in a 235/45/17.

yep, less noisy than the Kumho KU31

I really liked them, but had to upgrade the INVO to NT01 for track purposes.. found the INVO would die after 2/3 laps

• Like 1

Anyone got personal experience with the Invo's and tyre noise? I'm trying to find something that's nice and quiet in a 235/45/17.

Yep got nitto invo on my car. Very quiet.

Not the best tyre but petty good for price at the time, just need a bit of warmth in them to stick. Might be ok on a heavy GTR (got them on focus ST).

wouldn't piss on KU 31, or 36. ( Tried both on my r32gtr) and there are much better options out there.

Get some Kumho KU31 or KU39 as it's just a street car.. both tyres mentioned are heaps better that those Falken tyres.

OR Step it up a notch, get some Nitto INVO, fantastic daily tyre that doesn't mind a few laps on the track.

Not a big fan of kumho... i sincerely doubt they are better than the falken 452s. 453 or other falkens sure but the 452 i have been very happy with wet and dry.

Still umming and ahhhhing between the PS3 and Momo M3... need to decide by 8am lol

• 4 weeks later...

While the recommended tyres for the NM35 Stagea according to the placard in my door sill are 225-50 -R18's I have found them to be an odd size in Australia and they are not cheap.

I switched to using Michelin 245-40 - R18's ( Same tire size fitted as standard to many Fords and Holdens ) thus making these cheap in comparison to other sizes.
Yes there is a slight speed error ie the Speedometer reads approximately 10 K fast at 100 KPH.
ie 110 indicated is 100 Kph but no worse than was originally there.

Impressions:-

Now my immediate take on these tires is they are significantly smoother and quieter than the 225/45's that were on it when purchased, and the grip level is bloody fantastic both Wet and Dry, I'll reserve comment on Snow and Ice to after we get our first snows but given the cost of the Michelin's in comparison with other tyres's especially for commercial passenger carriage I highly recommend them.

The big thing is while there is a speedometer error it is in the driver's favour so you read faster that your actually travelling. I am continually surprised how good the grip level is on these tyres.
They blow Uni-Royal's into the weeds for quality and grip IMHO but go ask your local tyre shops and enquire as to what they might recommend .

• 2 months later...

Just after some personnel recommendations.

I need to get some tires for my 33 (wheels will be 17x9.5, hopefully running 245/40)

On my s13 I've ran Nexen 6000's and KU31, i thoroughly enjoyed both though the s13 was lighter and N/A so not too sure how the 33 will run on them. Just wanted to see what people have ran and how they are? Read through this thread a bit and saw few people comment on fee tires.

For the rears I'm just going to just ATR's as they've been really good in the past on the silvia and happy how they are.

Can't recommend any personnel as you haven't specified what you're looking for in a person.

For tyres, did you read this thread? If you're happy with what you ran previously, go with that. Otherwise, read through the last few (tens of) pages.

Also read this

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/434880-momo-outrun-m3-tyres-has-anyone-tried-these/

Can't recommend any personnel as you haven't specified what you're looking for in a person.

For tyres, did you read this thread? If you're happy with what you ran previously, go with that. Otherwise, read through the last few (tens of) pages.

Also read this

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/434880-momo-outrun-m3-tyres-has-anyone-tried-these/

Sorry about that, it's more for a daily car yet still going on the track when possible, mainly drifting.

Cheers for the link I'll have a read through it!

• 2 weeks later...