SAU Community

Tyres you use(d) and how u would rate them

yeah i cant wait to hear reviews on the KU39 as im forever looking for that tyre that puts down decent power, doesnt need heaps of heat to work, nor sets sail in the wet- nor costs mad money like pirellis, contis or bridgestones etc as i do give them a hard time n chew them quickly

I liked the KU31 so a bit of an improvement on them would do the trick for the cost...

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a set of nitto invo's they are great from cold they are extremely quiet and they put down my 450hp extremely well! They are amazing in the wet as well! Great all rounders but probably no good on the track

At the moment I've got 235/45/17 all round Kumho KU36 front Goodyear Eagle F1 back on my '96 R33 GTSt. They've only got about 1mm to the tread wear indicator so looking at some new ones. Just after some normal street tyres nothing too expensive got about 190Kw ATW.

These Nexen N6000 look pretty good value.

http://www.thewheeld...roducts_id=3029

Thought of Achilles ATR Sport or Federal SS595 but from what I've read these are pretty crappy and the Nexen N6000 are much better.

http://www.tyrerevie...formance-Tyres/

http://www.tyrerevie...formance-Tyres/

The Kumhos are grippy but a little noisy. The Goodyears are very grippy and quiet. In the wet both good if you go easy on the throttle.

Edited by HotRodderJoe

fark that, Ling Longs or Triangle or Kenda are the way to go.. I went to skid pan years ago with kendas.. that was funny

Lol the Nexens light up but make no smoke :laugh:

I test this theory on private roads only :ph34r:

Has anyone used Federal 595-ss recently? I'm wondering what the new stock is like. I want to run them all round in 205/50r16 for Matsuri on 8" rims, does anyone have any of the fresh stock? It's been so long since i've run 595-ss I can't remember what the grip was like.

Has anyone used Federal 595-ss recently? I'm wondering what the new stock is like. I want to run them all round in 205/50r16 for Matsuri on 8" rims, does anyone have any of the fresh stock? It's been so long since i've run 595-ss I can't remember what the grip was like.

why not just get RSR's for a little bit extra? i havent heard much good about SS

I'm considering RS-R for the front.. It's for drifting, I was tempted by the 595-ss all around to try a 'balanced' approach instead of running a steer tyre with much more grip up front.

I couldn't afford RS-R all round.

not sure what you are hearing, or from whom sydking....but I run the 595SS on my stagea and they are an excellent daily tyre.

yes they are not a semi slick (like re55s) or even a semi semi slick like (595RS or KU36), but they are a very good price/performance compromise for daily use.

plenty of NSW club members are running the 595SS due to the very good prices through the club, I don't know anyone who thinks they are not good

Wonderful. The last time I used them was 3 years ago and I don't really remember what the grip was like for a performance perspective.

I think I will go with the 595-SS again, see how they go on the track. Should be an interesting change running a neutral / balanced tyre combo instead of my usual Advan AD07 front and second hand crap rears.

hmmm I did say for street use, right? for me the only tyres worth using on a track a proper semi slicks. everything else is just frustrating when you try and get the most out of the car. even the semi-semi slicks like 595RSR or KU36 really don't cut it on the track

not sure what you are hearing, or from whom sydking....but I run the 595SS on my stagea and they are an excellent daily tyre.

yes they are not a semi slick (like re55s) or even a semi semi slick like (595RS or KU36), but they are a very good price/performance compromise for daily use.

plenty of NSW club members are running the 595SS due to the very good prices through the club, I don't know anyone who thinks they are not good

I have 595SS on my car atm, in the dry they're great for what they are but in the wet they are horrendous. Even going around a tight roundabout in 2nd and a light poke of the throttle my R33 boat is like the titanic.

Mind you, I'm running 275 wide rears and the rubber was built late 2010 with 90% tread