SAU Community

Tyres you use(d) and how u would rate them

Alright, finally got these tyres on!

Achilles ATR Sport 2.

D: 8

W: haven't tried (keen to see this outcome)

These are imo a LOT better than the KU31's I had. took the 33 for a hit yesterday arvo around round abouts and corners etc and it kept me planted to the ground :D Can't be happier considering the price of them!!

235/40/18 fronts

265/35/18 rears

man i think 8 is a bit too much imo i have michelin pilot sport 2 those are a 8. I can push them and they still hold theyre beautiful in the wet too.

i tried taking a turn multiple times that i turn off before getting home and theyre not predictable.

i would give the achilles 6/10 dry

wet 5/10

Achilles ATR Sport 2.

These are imo a LOT better than the KU31's I had. took the 33 for a hit yesterday arvo around round abouts and corners etc and it kept me planted to the ground :D Can't be happier considering the price of them!!

235/40/18 fronts

265/35/18 rears

maybe they have changed, I had the ATR Sport before in 275 with a stock turboed R33 and I could fry tyres but yet 255 Kumho KU31 held up better in a 250kW R33.

Achilles ATR Sport 2.

235/40/18 fronts

265/35/18 rears

any updates on this tyre?

read a few peoples post on random forums that say the ATR 2 is a MUCH better tyre than ATR.

so maybe achilles have produced a decent budget tyre

?

• 1 month later...

what are peoples thoughts for semi slick sizes for a r32 gtst? only used for hillclimbs and occasional track day

is 205/55R16 too skinny? only making 160rwkw

what are peoples thoughts for semi slick sizes for a r32 gtst? only used for hillclimbs and occasional track day

is 205/55R16 too skinny? only making 160rwkw

depends with the wheel size. sometimes bigger isnt always better or smaller coz you have added unsprung weight.But semi sliks should be good depending on what you get.

• 3 weeks later...

any updates on this tyre?

read a few peoples post on random forums that say the ATR 2 is a MUCH better tyre than ATR.

so maybe achilles have produced a decent budget tyre

?

Bit delayed ha.. lol

Yeh I def overrated them. Give them a 7 max... I wouldn't push the car on these tyres if say I was going through Natio or Putty road ! decent daily tyre though :)

got the front for 115 fitted from Jax and i think rears were 130? something like that. Probably just a bit better than ku31s

• 3 months later...

I have 595 SS in 265 35 18 at the moment on my 380hp gtr,

loads of grip,, in the wet lauches and only slight wheel spin in first, into 2nd and its all grip,, my last set of nang-kangs I could light up in 3rd,

on the track, grip in the wet is "ok",they hang on ok till they start to slide, once they start to slide it seems they just wana keep going,, they never try and get the grip back, its ok tho with 4wd just keep the power on and it pulls straight, in the dry they seem good to me,, very little understeer and only slight oversteer when the boost comes on,

next set may try sumotomos track tyre,,

Well I have Falken FK452 on the front of my GT-R (old Potenza TS-02 on the rear, came with the wheels) in 265/35/18.

So my opinion (brand new tyres): FK452 > KU31 > 595 SS. The Federals were pretty decent when new (215/45/17) but about 50% worn and onwards they were shit (one year old). KU31s are heaps good throughout the life of the tyre. I also had Nexen N8000 (Ozzy tyres bait and switched me, but I was desperate hahaha, same price as KU31 though) on the front of my GT-R in 265/35/18. Grip about the same as KU31 when cold (dry), but overheated very quickly. Same grip level in the wet. Went bald really quickly (within 10,000 km), so I wouldn't bother with it, get KU31 or FK452 if you can find them cheap instead.

I have new Dunlop Sports Maxx in 235/45/17 and 245/45/17 for my R31 but haven't driven it yet as I need to roll the guards first. Will report back when that car is on the road again.

Potenza TS-02 are okay on the track, nothing special, it is a street tyre.

Im getting a set of Hankook Z222 RS-3's put on the evo tomorrow. Currently running Dunlop SP MAXX and they are quite a good all round tyre though they don't last long. Bought my car with them on with around 60-70% rubber and ive done around 7000km now and they are on the wear markers already. Will report back with my thoughts after ive carved up some hills. :)

Has anyone had any experience with the new Falken Azenis FK453? Looking around for some higher end road tyres for my street wheels. (R32 GTR)

Was considering them, but FK452 were cheaper. If you get them through Tempe, they're cheap enough to test out.

I've used the FK452's before and they're ok for a low powered daily driver. Yeah, saw the 453's at Tempe for $260 in 265 35 18. Might go up a level and get the Pirelli P-Zero's instead of 453's.

Was considering them, but FK452 were cheaper. If you get them through Tempe, they're cheap enough to test out.

KU31 are not quiet at all, both me and my mate had them and changed from it, they are very noisy, especially when it's near the indicator...

Adrenalin RE002 235/40/18

Dry: 8/10

Wet: 8/10

Price: $350ea fitted & balanced @ Tyre Power

As above, had KU31 before and these re002 were HEAPS more quiet. I had them stretch to 10" rims and can tell the sidewalls are noticably more stiff compared to the KU31, had heaps of grip accelerating and braking. Haven't had the chance to try this on the wet yet but keen!

Can't wait to try the Z1 star spec next after i finish this set

Adrenalin RE002 I find, are just as noisy as KU36.

Good in the wet.

$220/corner at Bridgestone Select lately

I gave the RSR's a good run again on the weekend, still not bad for the price! They obviously are cheap tyres but when you drive them at their limit they handle it well! Nice and quiet too...

just spoke with Bridgestone Select Richmond. For 265 35 18 -

S001 - $420 ea

RE002 $367 ea - booked myself in for these. (prices are fitted and balanced)

Adrenalin RE002 I find, are just as noisy as KU36.

Good in the wet.

$220/corner at Bridgestone Select lately

Just as a FYI, I took my car on the track on Sunday.. the Federal 595 SS turned into butter after the 1st lap, instead of chasing lap times it was a dori fest LOL

:laugh: nice...

not to mention I spun out after the first knik going into it at 170 km/h, the front held up fine though, just the back tyres let me down :(

Might get Nitto INVO for the rears too and try again.

Good to hear positive feedback on the Nitto, be good to see how it goes with a full set!