SAU Community

compliance duration

just had the first look of my car today guys and im happy to see it, very nice indeed, but gues what front bar s cracked, plz read my thread in general dicussion and help me out, of how to resovle it.

my car has been in the shop for 7 weeks now!!!!

all im getting done is compliance (15 year) and an inlet manifold gasket!!

surley 7 weeks is far too long! when i call he keeps telling me to call the next day.. then when i call the next day he gets all shitty saying that when i call its stopping him from doing my car! ***in stupid

Yeah that's ages, what's taking him so long? Two weeks is a long time, three weeks maybe.. but SEVEN?? I'd ask what is taking him so long. I mean, the process is virtually straightforward!

My mates R32 took 4 hours to comply and have it registered on the road. He used the stock belts and anchor points and just had the engineer test and sign off on them. MUCH CHEAPER.

Had to put an Unleaded only sticker on the inside of the petrol flap and a gromet in the firewall. Took the inspection papers down to the local DMV and $700 later walked out with is plates rego sticker.

Now having said all this mine is taking a little longer as im also doing bodywork to the car to get it 100% road legal (and so it looks the goods) but after that is done then its about 2 hours that the engineer needs my car, checks it over, take it to get the RWC and then off to the DMV and register my bad boy.

I dont know what its like with other states but down here if you have your car "booked in" somewhere that it needs to go while your getting it on the road then you dont need a day permit at all.

I have just spent the last 2 day in my car with no plates or permit and i was pulled over once (he was letting me know that i my indicator wasn't working right) but nothign else was said. "Why dont you have any plates on the car son?" "Well officer i have just imported the car and im on my way to (insert place here) as part of my compliance to get it on the road."

"oh ok no worries then, take it easy then as i hear those import cars can be a handfull"

"Yep will do officer, thanks for the warning :werd: "

i am going through CARMEN IMPORT CENTRE!

when i called he started to have a little cry (so to speak)

he said "i wish i never iwrked on your car, changing the gasket is so fiddely, im really streesed and i cant work with people calling me to check up on there cars"

***in bullshit, ive had to walk and catch taxis for the last 7 weeks!

im going to say if its not done my tuesday im going to come get it and not paying anything

man walking and taxing it around is soo not worth it for 7 weeks, i can afford a cheap bomb with the money i taxi around, dont take that sh*T! just tell him how much shi*T hes causing u too, if he wished he never started on ur car, then simply take it back.

hope things work out for u.

i just called him then..

he said he had to clean the injectors or something.. flow bench test or some crap...

he said he will be testing how it goes tonight after he gets it back togethor..

all i need after that is a resonator as my exhaust is a little too loud...

i said im coming to get it wednesday.. after 7 weeks it would want to run like a dream.

• 1 month later...
got my car back..

i guess it runs a little better.. but not good enough for the price i paid

the breaks are awesoem and look good too..

i was charged $3300

I guess when you purchase a performance Skyline for cheap that has had the life sucked out of it, its going to be the Australian workshop fault not yours for buying a well used third or fouth hand GTR with issues and worn out parts and then expect a compliance shop to warrant it fit for road use and allow it on the road. Seams real fair? I understand most shops have to wait for seat belts as they make them to order.

Your choice cut corners and do it on the cheap or get it done right?