SAU Community

how long for compliance?

philta

hey guys, my car is scheduled to land today at freo, and i just wanted to know how long it is to getting my car.

if any1 here has imported b4, i was just wondering how long does compliance usually takes for a r33. cuz im really getting anxious.

i have posted in the importing section but i think i cn get more info replied here.

thanks guys

I'm still waiting on mine mate!!!

From exact start to finish I would say about 10 days, but it depends on when he can start it. He just got 2 more people working for him, so you won't be waiting as long as me. Mine was cleared in late March, but it is only getting ready for compliance now. A mate of mine went there last week & seen it, said it didn't have the rims on so they might have started on it now.

If yours did land today it will be cleared in between 1-2 weeks, and from then it is just a matter of waiting to see how many are in the queue ahead of yours.

I'm also hanging out for mine!!!

Edit- By 10 days I mean the compliance is only 2-3 days usually, but the waiting on the compliance plate from Canberra probably takes the longest.

WTF!!!! 6 weeks!!!thats heaps long. i hope its doesnt take more than a month, ive already waited 3 months for the dam thing. only cuz i missed March ship, but i dont think it should take that long. i bought i mid march :(

Mearcat- im getting it complied through imports101 the guy there hold a RAWS certified workshop. im got a quote that it wont excced more than 4.4k including new tires (17's)

im really getting anxious, cuz my car sat on the docks in japan for 1.5months and now its getting here i hope it wont take longer. as for i know i dont even know the full condition of it other than seeing sum pics of it.

its like waiting for desperately needed organs :(

haahah i have had 2 importer cars... the first r33 series 1 took ages from getting here to getting licenced about 4.5 months total... 2 months in the compliance shop... so the next 1 i got i went to a different compliance shop and the first part was great it was in freo is less than 1 month but has been yet again in the compliance shopfor yes thats right another 2 months.... spewing any1 recommend a good comliance shop for my next 1 ???

If the import paper work is done correctly and lodged by your broker before it arrives it should be off the docks within 5 working days no if's no but's.

Car turns up for compliance and my last two personal cars were done at another workshop and just joined the line with other personal importers they were complied within 24 to 48 hours including VIC put in for plate, plate arrived in 5 to 7 working days then off for rego.

If I have all the bits on hand for cars I have complyied at our workshop which always happens as we order in batches of 10 to 50 so they are always in stock a car "WILL" be finished in 2 working days and the VIC submitted with the plate arriving in the 5 to 7 days, no joining queue's with other cars. (If waiting for DOTR's, Standard parts as owner sent hotted up or bits to make road worthy because it is a piece of shit it is not my fault for the delay but other wise no excuse.)

I also pit pass car in normal cost of compliance.