SAU Community

Drag Combat Who is Racing

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Nige is up there with the Orange Supra... he gonna get banned for sure lol

That wouldn't happen to be the orange "650kw 10 Sec twin turbo street-driven Supra RZ" on the cover of the new issue of Speed would it?

I haven't had a chance to read the article yet, but if the caption on the cover is anything to go by, the car sounds (and looks) like a bloody weapon. If it's the same car, it'll be interesting to see how it goes on Sunday.

Guest two.06l
That wouldn't happen to be the orange "650kw 10 Sec twin turbo street-driven Supra RZ" on the cover of the new issue of Speed would it?

I haven't had a chance to read the article yet, but if the caption on the cover is anything to go by, the car sounds (and looks) like a bloody weapon. If it's the same car, it'll be interesting to see how it goes on Sunday.

AND....if it has already done a 10sec. pass.....it will NOT be racing !

the ANDRA rules are clear cut and designed with safety in mind.....So if the car does not have a current ANDRA technical inspection sticker,and the driver hasn't got a current ANDRA UDL drag race licence. The car park is about as far as it will go.

AND....if it has already done a 10sec. pass.....it will NOT be racing !

the ANDRA rules are clear cut and designed with safety in mind.....So if the car does not have a current ANDRA technical inspection sticker,and the driver hasn't got a current ANDRA UDL drag race licence. The car park is about as far as it will go.

According to the article, it's run a 10.91 @ 129mph at Heathcote.

Sounds like a long way to come from Melb to Syd, only to leave it in the car park though :confused:

Provided we're talking about the same car here of course...

Guest two.06l
According to the article, it's run a 10.91 @ 129mph at Heathcote.

Sounds like a long way to come from Melb to Syd, only to leave it in the car park though :confused:

Provided we're talking about the same car here of course...

is this car entered in "street car of the year"?...looks like no points for the drag component of the scoring for all (and that includes Dominic, TOF-55T) competitors who do not comply with the ANDRA technical specifications, that have previously ran a 10sec pass.

Guest two.06l
What time does the event start/finish. Stuffed if I can find any info on it..

Gates open for spectators at 9am....and action is over at 6pm. Which really sucks because i really love racing at night.

Guest two.06l
Can someone please bring a trolley jack?

we have one packed in the Port Stephens Council support/tow vehicle.

Well done Adrian, i saw new PB of 11.8 a top effort because you raced the loudedst car of the day supercharged 20B RX7 and do not know how you could have heard your engine for the first 60 foot.

What was your 60 foot because it looked to be your best launch of the runs i saw.

I only saw TWO06L run a couple of times, 11.2 the best.

Intercooler pipe blew off twice in a row resulting in a major vaccuum leak after the AFM. Car = no worky :)

Fixed that problem with an extra hose clamp and a shit load of huge cable ties and then developed a misfire but this cleaned up on my last qualifier which was completed without the bottle.

Once the car felt right again, I went out with the gas and ran an 11.98 with the car bogging down badly on the launch. Gave it a bit more on the next pass and went 11.85 @ 116.47 mph.

What started out as a terrible, shitty day became good things turned around and I went quicker than I ever have. I firmly believe there's another tenth or three in there yet.

Thanks to all of the people who lent a hand or offered help when it all looked very bad. You're champions.

Adrian

Yep awesome work Adrian, I seen the launch aswell the tyres spun twice then hooked up and launched it looked great, I said to Chris this is Adrians best ever pass and 11.8 popped up :)

congrats mate