SAU Community

Drag Combat Who is Racing

I asked everytime we lined up it was a dark haired bloke not the normal Red head  

Red head he is great

The red headed guy who normally does the lane control is a top bloke and has looked after me and my mate jayosn (Black Mopar) many times when

we wanted to race each other.

and will organise it the dark haired fellow was a tool and would shrug his shoulders and say "if you want to run get in there or leave"  

I have had unpleasant experiences with a dark haired ANDRA guy at WISD who sometimes does the water box control.

The night I got bounced for running slicks with radials on the front I had to go to the pits and swap back to my street tyres. When I drove around the water box, this ****wit came up to me and told me if I touched the red area (the area in between the lanes that the officials stand inside) again I would be thrown out of the event.

I then watched countless other people with street tyres drive around the water box without any comment from captain ****wit.

I had my incar cameras on and captured the entire exchange ...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my incar cameras on and captured the entire exchange ...

Probably the only person I know who can say that sentence with a straight face.

HAHAHAH!!!

Adrian

DYO sucks arse.

If they really have to have DYO, why dont they have it the other way. Instead of being eliminated for going under your time, get eliminated for going over your time.

That way there is no braking at the end.

The way it is at the moment doesnt make any sense to me.

I've had issues with the dark haired Andra guy too.

One street meet (just after WSID introduced the whole V8 only lane), I was given the wrong lane number. I went and borrowed the marker from the red-headed bloke and changed the number.

Mr dark-headed Andra guy saw me do this and was old me to change it (which I didn't). The rest of the night, he was standing and the entry to the staging lanes and tried to flag me down everytome I passed him.

Good thing he was too lazy to walk to the front of the staging lanes to tell me off some more...

Kenny...I say you should post the video :P

I've had issues with the dark haired Andra guy too.

One street meet (just after WSID introduced the whole V8 only lane), I was given the wrong lane number. I went and borrowed the marker from the red-headed bloke and changed the number.

Mr dark-headed Andra guy saw me do this and was old me to change it (which I didn't). The rest of the night, he was standing and the entry to the staging lanes and tried to flag me down everytome I passed him.

Good thing he was too lazy to walk to the front of the staging lanes to tell me off some more...

Kenny...I say you should post the video :P

I just sent it to Jason O'Halloran, Geoff Crisp and Greg Shultz instead.

...and Roy....  If you ever get a chance to drive a RWD car capable of 9.50's, please please PLEASE jump at the opportunity.  Oh, and make sure we're all there to *cough* cheer you on!  :(

Been there done that, i use to have a 9.50sec Tamiya BigWig...:P

2rismo, how many passes have you done now with the gas and the std turbo...also what size gas kit are you using?

Hey 2rismo very flash, tyres are good so should do better.

How did Paul end up? I only saw one run he did up against girl in a pink WRX and she was slower but closer to her braket time thing. That is rude and must be frustrating. Sort of glad the slot car did not make it.

What's so hard with this ten second thing anyway 4WD. You should do it dragging an anchor with those tyres and 4WD and power you have.

What was your best time yesterday.

hahaha johnny talking it up again!

I was trying so hard to get the sms number for the anouncers. we had planned a message:

'John from UAS just wants everyone to know that he thinks skylines are the best'

next time.

Guest two.06l
Hey 2rismo very flash, tyres are good  so should do better.

How did Paul  end up?  I only saw one run he did up against girl in a pink WRX  and she was slower but closer to her braket time thing. That is rude and must  be frustrating.  Sort of glad the slot car did not make it.

What's so hard with this ten second thing anyway 4WD.  You should do it dragging an anchor with those tyres and 4WD and power you have.

What was your best time yesterday.

more frustrating is the fact that the throttle cable came out of the bracket on the plenum not even halfway down the strip (that was the run you saw). I was on the money too, as the 330' time was 4.61 which puts me around the 10.8 mark!

Best time was a 11.200 with no 4th gear! it just wouldn't go in...9.2 to the 1000' mark another 10 sec pass goes begging

Guest two.06l
Yep I thought you got of the loud peddle on that run.

mmmgtir and zed's with GTR bits.

Yep the loud pedal went to the floor and the car was only idling. Hope you can get the slot car racing soon....would love a bit of heads-up action. Racing is only exciting when you are qualifying, in the finals all you are doing is trying to work out the maths of DYO.

1/ Better fuel - Optimax is the most useless shit in my car. Car's running through the fuel test were reporting 96.x octane!!

2/ That will let me put the extra timing back into my car that I took out to compensate for the shitty fuel.

3/ That's about it - Maybe not have 3/4 of a tank of fuel next time :)

Adrian

Guest two.06l
1/  Better fuel - Optimax is the most useless shit in my car.  Car's running through the fuel test were reporting 96.x octane!!!

I wont say i told you so....oh sh1t, ive just said it!

Guest two.06l

Hi, Stace here......just wanted to say thanks to all the people who helped with Twoogle. Phatpat, Matt, Morgs, Buster, Chris. Once again Twoogle had many friends.

Did anyone hear my funny sms called out........I really think I deserved a prize. My question was "How long did it take John Barehams to grow his mullet?" hehehehe.

I cant wait till the track day. Maybe it will be me that can get that 10 after all. Come on Pauly whats taking you so long?? You know as well as I that Twoogle likes me better. :wassup:

BTW..... spx..Robert....the pics are great of the two reds.

Paul, Adrian and Robert all got PB's , so well done .