SAU Community

Drag Combat Who is Racing

That 20B was insane and went 9.08 @ 146.26 in the next lane. I couldn't hear my car for the first 100' - it was ridiculous.

On of the marshalls came over to ask if i'd mind racing it. I simply asked if it had been going straight all day and when she said yes, I said hell yeah. :)

Adrian

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top effort Adrian, looks like some more work in the shop before she is out again doing some more PB's.

Post up your full 11.9 and 11.8 details. How do they compare to the first 11.9 you did awhile ago? Picking up any mph or lowered that 60ft any further?

Well done Adrian. Cooler pipes are a farking menace, do you have silicone piping? Tridon make some great heavy duty style clamps which are what you need, they basically use a hge bolt to pull the two sides together, the clamp itself is about 12mm across :) If you can't keep a pipe on with them you cant keep a pipe on. Pirtek stock them

Top effort Adrian, looks like some more work in the shop before she is out again doing some more PB's.

Post up your full 11.9 and 11.8 details. How do they compare to the first 11.9 you did awhile ago? Picking up any mph or lowered that 60ft any further?

Today:

R/T - .186

60' - 1.887

330' - 5.163

660' - 7.816

mph - 93.80

1000' - 10.086

ET - 11.986

MPH - 116.41

R/T - .317

60' - 1.788

330' - 5.039

660' - 7.689

mph - 93.90

1000' - 9.955

ET - 11.852

MPH - 116.47

Previously:

60' - 1.697

660' - 7.734

mph - 92.46

ET - 11.959

MPH - 117.18

--------------------------

Just over a tenth in improvement but almost a tenth outside my best 60' time. These new tyres are better so with a 1.65 I'm hoping to see 11.70 as is.

Adrian

The commentator probably just saw "Supra Motor" and made the jump himself.

Anthony (absolutely on a mission) is actually building a psycho 2JZ-TT in a full chassis hilux ute. Should be awesome.

Adrian

Driven (very well) by Dom Rigoli.

:confused:LOL its an auto being driven in a straight line...:(

Cant help myself:)

Good times posted for the Skylines, the all silver R32 (I think it was two.06l seemed to be having troubles.:P)

Tthe day itslef was a bit disappointing. If it wasnt for the VW brigade it would of been pretty quiet:(

I think the Cabin guys need to somehow incorporate their series with the wider state or national series...as the number and quality of cars just wasnt there...

That said not trying to take away from the guys that ran...good work for giving it a punt. :D

I should have gone true drag style and given my keys to someone else to drive my car to see what times it can knock out...lol cheap shot No.2:)

Tthe day itslef was a bit disappointing. If it wasnt for the VW brigade it would of been pretty quiet:(  

I have to agree. seeing a whole heap of cars running 20 sec and 15 sec quarter miles was not very impressive. some nice cars though, and congrats to Adrian. great run mate. very nice :P that mazda really hurt my eardrums...

good to see Paul out in the GTR. looked very nice, but didn't quite get the 10 you were after :D

Roy would have raced but word is he was scared of Adrians RB25 with only his lil ol RB20 to go against it with... :(

I agree about quality of cars a stock lancer with DYO time of 18 almost won, came runner up.

Adrian on your 11.8 pass i heard some guy yell at you "bullshit thats a stock turbo" with a laugh on your way back near staging.

Meh, on low boost i run 2mph slower, he got noth'n:)

that's the spirit. talk it up baby!

I fully expect to see you at the next meet :D

as a wise man once said: "don't be weak sauce".

Good to see a few Skylines out there punching in some good times today - well done 2rismo on the PB although I couldn't hear your car running next to that RX7 - damm that thing was loud! Good work to everyone else who was running as well :D

I have to agree that the event itself was a bit of a let down and it also plainly highlighted some of the inadequacies of DYO racing. To think a stock shitbox lancer running constant +18 sec runs could make it to the ET2 final is an absolute joke. There should be some sort of 'qualifying time' to make it to the elimations at the very least.

is this car entered in "street car of the year"?...looks like no points for the drag component of the scoring for all (and that includes Dominic, TOF-55T) competitors who do not comply with the ANDRA technical specifications, that have previously ran a 10sec pass.

they all got to race for SCOTY today early in the morning and as for the ANDRA rule all i have to say is...

bwaahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

brians MR WRX has run 10.9 twice and they dont make him put a cage they just let him run again and again and again.

TOF55T has a cage