SAU Community

Drag Combat Who is Racing

Guest two.06l
they all got to race for SCOTY today early in the morning and as for the ANDRA rule all i have to say is...

bwaahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

brians MR WRX has run 10.9 twice and they dont make him put a cage they just let him run again and again and again.

TOF55T has a cage

there is more to the rules than just fitting a cage....and laugh it up all you like, the rules are their for the safety of ALL competitors.

P.S. it would have only taken one word to the ANDRA stewards and they would NOT have run....i just don't do that sort of thing...i think its up to each individual to play by the rules...cause not playing by the rules is CHEATING.....bwaahhhhahahahahahaha!!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest two.06l
good to see Paul out in the GTR. looked very nice, but didn't quite get the 10 you were after :D

Thanks Richard...and a big thanks to all the DIRTgarage crew who had a hand in getting the car repaired so i could at least get out there and have a bit of a bash. Could not get a clean run in so that 10 is still avoiding me...but doing a 9.2 to the 1000' mark is very encouraging. Going to pull the clutch and new gearbox out and thoughly inspect the damage. A bigger diameter slave cylinder might be needed to replace the bent one....I HATE CATS!!!!

As a spectator DYO wasnt the best either...the sight of ppl hitting the brakes near the line, and ppl backing off doesnt make for good racing...Still was a good laugh at some of the cars on static display:)

Guest two.06l
As a spectator DYO wasnt the best either...the sight of ppl hitting the brakes near the line, and ppl backing off doesnt make for good racing...Still was a good laugh at some of the cars on static display:)

This has been my arguement all along Roy....the only time you see "proper" racing is in the qualifiers, when people are running flat out. Using "brake light insurance" is not drag racing. DYO has to go.

did you see that silver multi-staged wing...cant recall what car it was on because of the tears in my eyes from laughing so hard!

what about the 2sus GTI-R with the mural down the side depicting a police car being shot at by a guy holding an RPG launcher with a dead cop lying beside the exploding police car. I wonder if he bitches about police 'picking' on him? a class act all 'round. I hope he gets defected into oblivion.

nah, it was just down a bit further. similar colour though. when we were up at wendys the guy was standing around in his black shirt with 2SUS on the back.

I must admit I was a little disapointed by the day, SC was better even.

Was Good to see twoogle made it onto the track after a drama filled morning..

And good work on the PB Adrian!

That SEXDR car is absolute rubbish, I had a good look at it and the more I looked the more I felt like throwing up. He obviously couldn't make up his mind on what wing to get so had all 4 of them fitted :(

I think the DYO category is about the best racing will get at Drag Combat (which is quickly dieing in the ass as an event). The officials need help in matching up cars that run similar times.

If the Rotor teams weren't there i'd say without a doubt that a regular wed nite street meet has more entertaining racing than a big event like DC. I also think that a prerequisite of entering such an event should require that you have done atleast 5 passes down the 1/4. The amount of n00bs staging with their rear tyres is just pitiful.

Anyone got an update on the rotor guy that smashed headon with the K&N wall just past the finish line? Looks like the car was heading out the emergency gate at about 100mph but ended in about 500 pieces spread all over the track.

My mate Daniel and I had fun running all day we were in the mid 13's all day. he beat me in his last pass he went 13.5 to beat my 13.6.(he did have 40 HP over me)

DSCF2630.sized.jpg

there is more to the rules than just fitting a cage....and laugh it up all you like, the rules are their for the safety of ALL competitors.

P.S. it would have only taken one word to the ANDRA stewards and they would NOT have run....i just don't do that sort of thing...i think its up to each individual to play by the rules...cause not playing by the rules is CHEATING.....bwaahhhhahahahahahaha!!

thats due to the inconsitency of different bodies though in one way.

in Vic you dont need squat to run a 10, just a powerful car and a driver, and a helmet :(

no cage or anything like that.

Maybe if all governing bodies of these things could agree to rules then it would be nice.

Its like going from one state to another with a car and it being defectable in one state but not in another

:headspin:

Robert next time just ask the guy that marks your window (in the staging lanes out the back) if you can race your mate (infront/behind) you. He'll generally let it happen if its possible.

I asked everytime we lined up it was a dark haired bloke not the normal Red head

Red head he is great and will organise it the dark haired fellow was a tool and would shrug his shoulders and say "if you want to run get in there or leave"

(Hair colour is all i had to go on) But Red Hair is Good

if someone has names then please fill in colours

Last straw with dark hair was Grudge Racing and he still could not organise it.

Had to run Adrian instead

A guy at WSID tried to tell me I had cut in line once??? wtf? he told me to fark off and I said no way buddy I just lined up like everyone else. he says "nah you must have reversed through the scrutineering"!!!! absolute sh1t. then he says "fine then stay there, you are ruining it for everyone else" haha like a little kid. He then said if I do it again he'll ban me. I just said do what again? line up? good one you tool.

Adrian on your 11.8 pass i heard some guy yell at you "bullshit thats a stock turbo" with a laugh on your way back near staging.

But I bet he had no problem believing it on the 14.8 or DNF runs :( C0cks are everywhere at those events.

...and Roy.... If you ever get a chance to drive a RWD car capable of 9.50's, please please PLEASE jump at the opportunity. Oh, and make sure we're all there to *cough* cheer you on! :D

Adrian

Hey - Nice time Adrain - Congrats mate.

I just spoke to JP - and looks like I didn't miss much this year (Except 2rismo's time)

Cheers,