SAU Community

DBA Slotted rotors (having trouble stopping?)

amosite

r these bigger then the stock rotors ????

and if not how do they help inrease stopping power ?

As per the DBA web site:

"Some of the secret ingredients of a DBA 4000 series disc rotor"

'Kangaroo Paw' is a patented hi-tech disc rotor ventilation system, designed and manufactured in Australia by Disc Brakes Australia. Not available on all part numbers, please check with your supplier for availability.

More info:

http://www.dba.com.au/dba_catalogue_2004/H...s/paw_index.htm

TSP is a propriety process specifically developed by DBA for improving the performance of disc brake rotors.

More info:

http://www.dba.com.au/dba_catalogue_2004/H...s/tsp_index.htm

Thermo-Graphic’ markings are placed on the outer edge of each DBA 4000 / 5000 series disc rotor and are used to monitor the core temperatures that are achieved during braking application. All DBA 4000 / 5000 series rotors include 'Thermo-Graphic' markings.

more info:

http://www.dba.com.au/dba_catalogue_2004/H...Information.pdf

The directional slots allow for "deglazing" of the pad giving a better "bite" and most rotors are slightly oversize (only marginally so factory calipers still bolt on)

which acts as a better heat sink to reduce thermal stress of performance pads in sports driving.

In addition the rotors are made of a heavy duty material so perfmance pads wont quickly wear the rotor or warp them in hard driving.

Dont want Amosite to think im ripping him of buyers but just to let people know.

I recently pickup up a pair of r32 gtr dba 4000 rotors for $198 each. That was the retail price from my local Repco in sydney! I was shocked too when he told me how cheap it was.

As for prices for other rotors, i would have no idea.

Ok, I just got off the phone to a couple of repco outlets and tehy said that

4926 SL (R32 GTR 4000 Series slotted) are $268.

So they must have stuffed up on your order, or supplied you something different, lucky you! :P

But please, feel free to check prices with local distributors.

Hi,

Im interested in the R32 GTR 296mm x 32mm slotted rotors. But I want to fit these to a R33 GTS-4. Do they come pre drilled or will they drill them to suit my application? Will this be the same price?

I dobt they will fit as the GTS4 has 280x26 disc. The size increase seems on the high side.

Unless you had R32 GTR Calipers I dont think you could run a 296x 32 disc.

DBA make a direct replacement for your car, cost is about $175 each

I dobt they will fit as the GTS4 has 280x26 disc. The size increase seems on the high side.

Unless you had R32 GTR Calipers I dont think you could run a 296x 32 disc.

DBA make a direct replacement for your car, cost is about $175 each

Im planing on a brake upgrade. Ive got r32 gtr calipers and rotors here but the rotors arnt much chop.

I just dont want to have to get them re drilled to fit

Im planing on a brake upgrade. Ive got r32 gtr calipers and rotors here but the rotors arnt much chop.

I just dont want to have to get them re drilled to fit

I can get blanks but DBA wont do special orders.

Getting them drilled for 4x114.3 would be $50 each..

The other opotion you have is a 5 bolt hub kit

Unique Auto Sports have em (www.nismo.com.au)

DBA 4000 SERIES BRAKE ROTORS FOR SKYLINE R33 GTS-T

KANGAROO PAW SLOTTED ROTORS. THESE ROTORS ARE HEAT TREATED WITH THERMO PAINT INDICATORS.

CROSS DRILLED ALSO AVAILABLE FOR AN ADDTIONAL $30.00 PER ROTOR

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

PRICE: $240.00 EACH

And lasty i shopped there, i received 10% of for being a Skylines Australia member. (ie $216)

So if your picking up, that would be the way to go...although sometimes their web prices could be a bit outdated.

• 1 month later...