SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

the ball/spring is stopping air getting to the wastegate, and hence stopping the wastegate opening, which increases boost. so the more u screw it in, the less boost the wastegate sees and the higher you can boost

so unscrew it if you are getting too much boost

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

installed the boost controller today, seem simple,

but i keep geting high BOOST,

how do u reduce the boost?

tighten the bolt?

or releasing it?

i tried both, but still i can pass 16psi?

i did something wrong?

maybe installed it wrong? right angel t piece to the turbo instead?

any helps?

Did you install like this:

post-774-1140775204.jpg

Hi Guys,

Mark here,

I would like to apologise for recent delays in responding to emails and posting controllers.

Firstly, we have had some serious ADSL issues. Sometimes it's out for 2-3 days then comes back on then goes again. This has caused delays as it is hard to get your emails with postal addresses and so on... Also, a recent expres post mailout consisting of 5 controllers has hit a snag. It would seem that ALL five have gone missing with no clear explanation available from Aus post. These have since been resent.

NB: express is used not really for speed but for some level of security such as the tracking facility which comes in handy often.

Our ADSL is now sorted and things are getting smoothed out.

And secondly, I have had some other serious issues to attend to lately regarding family which has compounded the problem.

My wife is pregnant with our first and we had a nasty scare but things are great now :P

I even got so sidetracked that I sent out a bunch with instructions!!!

Anyway thanks a heap for your continued support

Cheers

Mark

Anyway, thanks for your

Things are ok now and runnning as they were so once again I apologise for recent delays...

its all GOOD,

sometimes things wont go as planed, but u tried ur best,

thanks for that,

I got my boost controller now. it is great,

But still have some problem, I keep getting high Boost,

There is a stock boost solenoid, on my R33,

when connecting the boost controller, do I need to by pass it?

as i tried swapping the boost controller around, making sure the turbo hose does not goes to the wastegate actuator, but still geting high boost,

am so confused.

any helps would be great,

i will try to take pics, and post it.

yes i think you need pics, i dont know if it sounds like your doing it right. to stop boost, you need pressure to get to the wastegate actuator. if the boost controller is screwed in too far then you wont be letting enough pressure from the compressor housing to get to the wastegate and open it

Edited by NewKleer

There is a stock boost solenoid, on my R33,

when connecting the boost controller, do I need to by pass it?

Probably a good idea. Solenoids are put there by the manufacturers to act as a boost controller (but one that can't easily be played with). So if you don't bypass it, then in effect you are running two boost controllers and that may be causing the problems you are experiencing. Just disconnect and block off any lines from the stock solenoid, leaving a line from the boost source to the turbo/wastegate actuator with the boost controller in the middle.

I will try that,

my last option as DIY job,

if still wont fix the unlimted boost am geting, probly gona bring it to a performance shop. :D:P

wil get pic to clarify,

raining, else i got pix up here already!!! ;)

that is very help full, thaks crust.

wat i did was, i block the intercooler pipe off, and c0nnect the boost controoler to the dish looking thing and to the stock solenoid,

bummer,

i fink it should work now,

thanks will try it soon

I just purchased on of these off e-bay... waiting for it to come, i got it express postin' i think so i'm hoping it comes tommorrow. im lookin for a little more power as im learning to drift, i recently have a bleed valve installed but no matter what i dial it to, i only get a mad amount of only 9psi, which in my eyes is f**k all! hopefully its as good as everyone one the 30 odd pages says so! cheers...

Got my boost controller, now for fitting it.

When I read that it takes you guys 5 minutes, I can't help but wonder.

It would take me 5 minutes just to work out which hose to cut!

Might wait for my bro to hook it up for me, I got no idea. :P

I deposited the money on Tuesday, got the item on Thursday. Thanks Mark for the fast delivery!

I'll be testing this beast this weekend. See how it compares to my GFB bleeder which spikes a bit!

Get one of these valves!!! bloody brilliant! never knew the boost could come on so strong so early! might have something to do with the dump pipe I installed too, but the boost just gets there early and is steady as a rock.

delivery time was 4-5 odd days from payment, including a weekend. you seriously cant go wrong buying this. Thanks Mark for still supplying a brilliant product for such a good price!

D'oh! Now I'm really keen to get my boost controller fitted!!!

I wish I knew what I was doing under the bonnet. I can buy all the best parts, but that's about it...

I'm a lawyer, not a mechanic! :)

Johnny, its a way of thinking and applying problem solving skills.

Cars are extremely basic from a technical point of view. :)

Don't be scared to get in there and have a fiddle. No doubt it will be a nice break from all that reading and reciting. :D