SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what is the name of the boost controller under Ebay?? The one which marc is offering for $28 to us..

A link would be good.. just to check it out..

Cheers..

-JD

<< Dont worry I found it with a little searching power >>

Edited by JD-33

JUST A WARNING TO ALL

THERE ARE TURBOTECH KNOCKOFFS ON EBAY

They may be just as good and they may be authorised copies but be wary and ask questions before you buy one...

Perhaps if mark can comment on them?CLICK HERE

mark commenting on them would be no different from any competitor commenting on another - theres no way they would say anything good about them. he says to "beware of imitations" on his ebay ads now, so he's aware of them.

the controllers are a simple design, the housing, the pipes coming off it, the ball, the spring, and the hole in the back of the housing, the bolt and locknut. if you were to copy it, there isnt too much you could do wrong, but still would be room for error (with spring length/rate, and hole size)

anyway, marks price to SAU people (not via ebay) is still less than the alternatives i think, so there is no reason for anyone from here to buy the alternatives

Edited by NewKleer

I take it this boost controller is strictly a manual one.. where in order to increase/decrease the boost you gotta pop ur bonnet to make the change.. any way at all you can make it adjustable inside cabin?

dont expect it to for $35..

-JD

PS: as you can tell I know nothing about these boost controllers :happy:

I take it this boost controller is strictly a manual one.. where in order to increase/decrease the boost you gotta pop ur bonnet to make the change.. any way at all you can make it adjustable inside cabin?

dont expect it to for $35..

-JD

PS: as you can tell I know nothing about these boost controllers :happy:

if you have a spare 1000$ to spend you could have mechanical actuators loosen the locknut, tighten the screw, and control it all from the comfort of the drivers seat.

I have seen mentioned a few times that the controller has a "hole in the back of the housing". I recieved mine a few days ago and although I havent had a chance to install it, I have inspected it and mine does NOT have a hole in the housing? is this right, or have i recieved a dud? :happy:

the hole is in between all that DRDRD or whatever writing on the back of housing. its purpose is for when you come off boost quickly, you will often have high pressure in the wastegate line (which when the ball is pushed back by the spring, means the air cant go back to the turbo or other boost source). the hole is so this air can come out, to allow respool to happen without the wastegate hanging open

mark actually said earlier in this thread the hole helped reduce spike, which sounds way off the mark (pun intended :happy:) - the hole should have no effect on spike, only on making sure the wastegate is shut to help boost rebuild after it drops below wastegate operation pressure.

to reduce spike, you want to make sure the boost source for controller is as close to the turbo as possible...the further away it is, the longer till the wastegate sees an increase in pressure, and the more time pressure can increase even further whilst the wastegate is closed. the quicker spoolup times probably contribute to boost spike also, as you arent having the wastegate start to open sooner like you would with a bleed valve? (feel free to correct me if im wrong)

the hole is in between all that DRDRD or whatever writing on the back of housing. its purpose is for when you come off boost quickly, you will often have high pressure in the wastegate line (which when the ball is pushed back by the spring, means the air cant go back to the turbo or other boost source). the hole is so this air can come out, to allow respool to happen without the wastegate hanging open

mark actually said earlier in this thread the hole helped reduce spike, which sounds way off the mark (pun intended :happy:) - the hole should have no effect on spike, only on making sure the wastegate is shut to help boost rebuild after it drops below wastegate operation pressure.

to reduce spike, you want to make sure the boost source for controller is as close to the turbo as possible...the further away it is, the longer till the wastegate sees an increase in pressure, and the more time pressure can increase even further whilst the wastegate is closed. the quicker spoolup times probably contribute to boost spike also, as you arent having the wastegate start to open sooner like you would with a bleed valve? (feel free to correct me if im wrong)

I understand what your saying and I havent got a bleed valve on my car, but my main concern is the missing hole...now I dont have 20/20 vision but I deffinitly DONT have a hole in the back of the housing anywhere! how big is it? it must be tiny!

JUST A WARNING TO ALL

THERE ARE TURBOTECH KNOCKOFFS ON EBAY

They may be just as good and they may be authorised copies but be wary and ask questions before you buy one...

Perhaps if mark can comment on them?CLICK HERE

I bought one from jrdsports and the thing works perfectly, it holds boost like a gem best $30 investment i have made on my car, as for quality its great no issues with it.

Looks simple.

There's the hole that's mentioned.

Btw, any chance of just purchasing a ball and spring? I had my boost controller in and it banged itself against the intercooler piping till the nut came loose and everything fell out. Hello unlimited boost :D

post-15624-1143499646.jpg

Mine also has no hole..

I removed this boost controller yesterday because it was spiking like crap, not holding boost in anyone spot or anything. I had it installed by a mechanic and then checked by a mechanic, everything was in order..

I suppose u get what you pay for. EBC on the way :(

just ordered mine then....

cant wait to put it in, sick of this borrowed gfb one already, cant make its mind up and is pretty hopeless!

gotta love ebay for quick and easy purchases

i dynoed my car today with my new jrdsports boost controller, i made 197kw atw @ 16psi.

When we did the test my tuner said that boost was coming on strong at 2500rpm and that the boost controller held boost all the way to redline only dropping a meesly 0.17psi from 7200rpm.

We then dynoed with my old turbosmart and only made 174rwkw @ 16psi.

The boost was coming on strong @ 3200rpm and the controller spiked to 18psi and fell to 13psi, hence my lower power figure.

So i must say that this jrdsports boost controller is all what it say's in its ebay post, i am so happy that this is the first time i have not wasted alot of money and made decent power.

here is there link.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1