SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

just recieved my Turbotech boost controller in the mail. such quick delivery, very happy with this product, will be going on the car tonight, hopefully i get better results than the gfb bleed valve i borrowed off my mate..

Ed

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah mines got a really small hole in the back of the housing......

if you dont have one in yours get a really small drill bit and do one... i dont know what it does as of yet...

Went to my mates house todayt to give him back the gfb one and put my new one in, he put it all in etc etc and we went for a drive, first gear was mental, 2nd gear was off the planet, i watched the guage and as soon as it hit 15psi i backed off, got out, adjusted it, same again, adjusted it, same again.. i said to him you sure its on the right way, yeah its fine its fine... looked at instructions, looked at car, on the wrong way,

put it on the right way (i did it this time), went for a drive, adjusted it, now it holds a beautiful 11-12psi in every gear, no spiking,.......

The car feels slow compared to the gfb one because the gfb one is SHIT and it dosent hit full boost for AGES it feels more top end

the rb20 has the beauiful lateral feel to it once again with more power and torque up top from the extra few psi...

Ed

if you dont have one in yours get a really small drill bit and do one... i dont know what it does as of yet...

read back on the previous page (post #770). stops wastegate staying open after ball is pushed back by spring after pressure drops

Well I ordered one a while back and I'm gona install it today. Now it did'nt come with instructions (not that it's really hard anyway) but I just wanted a little clerification on installing it.

I have a 1990 R32 GTS-t, RB20det and does the controller get connected to the vacum line coming from the wastegate actuator? As well is which way is it supposed to facing as in, the adjustment knob facing vertically or horizontally. I just don't want to put it on backwards or anything.

I'm not being lazy, as I have read most of the replys in this thread, but that was prior to buying and I can't remember if there was anything concrete (install wise) for installing this on an RB20det motor.

I'd appreciate anything you guys can do and if you have any pic's that you could be post up, I'd be most greatfull.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks dude it makes it now bit clearer.

Ok now how close can i get it to stock boost by using this device? im really after the boost comming on harder and earlier rather than running more boost?

anyone here running their controller in this fashion?

cheers

Read my post a few pages back. I am running 7psi (rather than the stock solanoid running 5psi up to 4500rpm, then giving 7psi)

The quicker spool and having 7psi all the time gives lots more punch from 3000-5000rpm, which was previously missing. Car is fairly stock.

Someone asked about blocking off the unused hose on the crossover pipe... I cut an inch and a half of rubber pipe, then put it back onto the hose-nipple, put a screw that was a bit larger than the inside diameter of the hose, drove it in with a screwdriver, and then put a hose-clamp on it as you would normally. Screw isn't coming off, and it certainly won't get sucked in. Cable-tie over the bit of pipe, where the screw is if you want to be sure that it's air-tight.

yeppo, this is simply awesome!

i put this thing in after much trouble. haha, i thort this would be easy, but shows how much of a mechanical nub i am.

anyway, spools up much quicker now, no stock blowoff between gears (97 series 2) and holds boost stongly all the way to redline.

on the stock boost controller it sits just halfway between the +7 and the halfway marker.

damn worth the money.

peoples...i have just fitted marks bc onto an r34 auto...1st gear i get around .5 bar an in second i get .8 which is what i want.shouldnt i get full boost in first??

depends if u removed the stock solenoid.

ie, does ur boost source go from turbo->boost controller->wastrgate, or somewhere else on the way

depends if u removed the stock solenoid.

ie, does ur boost source go from turbo->boost controller->wastrgate, or somewhere else on the way

i used the lines from the stock solenoid , to hook it up disconected the intercooler hose an blocked it off so it goes turbo boost controler wastegate

i used the lines from the stock solenoid , to hook it up disconected the intercooler hose an blocked it off so it goes turbo boost controler wastegate
i have left the solenoid in ...should i disconect the wires to it??

Hi All,

How long did postage take once you paid for the Boost Controller? .. I've been waiting a week after making payment with Internet Banking .. Just a bit worried as it is suppose to be sent via express post..

Wrote email to mark but no reply...

Cheers,

-JD

ok guys,

I should be recieving my mbc in the mail soon...

Below is how I think i will install the controller...

post-27154-1143964596.jpg

Should I:

Connect the * into the top of the controller (ie bit opposite tightening nut)

Connect the # into the side of the controller

Plug a Screw in the 'S' end of the hose

But what about the & hose???

Any help would be great!!

Cheers,

-JD

yes for */#

dont think it matters what u do with the rest, maybe loop it between 2 holes on the soldenoid to make it looks a bit more "stock" or something

Ok :D NewKleer! ... so the screw will go in the 'S' bit i take it too .. ?

Yeah with the & hose i will loop it from bottom solenoid nipple to the top one.

-JD

Edited by JD-33