SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

aym32q wrote:

Did he reply back to you, i have been trying to get a response from him since last week, through here and through eBay. I would like to purchase it through here but i do need one soon.

I dont care i would order one through ebay if i really had to but if he cant reply to my messages, how is he gonna send the item if i hit "Buy It Now".

I would like a reply just for acknowledgement at least.

I havent received a 'confirmation' response yet.

I made the transaction on the 5th April, so its only been 4 working days i suppose.....hoping it arrives this week.....

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

turbosmart are a business, they want to make money people who know what they want, and make more off people who dont know what they need. u dont need a fuel cut defender unless ur getting fuel cut (sounds obvious doesnt it), it doesnt need to be a precationary thing.

but if ur getting to the point where ur getting fuel cut, then u want to look at interceptors or other upgrades.

but thats a seperate issue - if u want to go from stock boost to 10-11 psi, then get one of these.

no, jrdsports is the seller on ebay whos copied marks boost controller and selling them himself.

having said that, ive ordered one via him to test out the communication/how quick its sent. he got money thurs, i received it on the next tues, so not too bad. replied to query about when it was sent within 24 hrs.

unfortunately the original maker (mark/turbotech) has very bad service - while its good he came up with the controller, he simply is not the best option for purchasing them anymore (assuming jrd one is as good, ive yet to try). as evidenced by last few pages in this thread, many people are waiting for theirs to be delivered (eventually they are, but not too quickly), he seems to never reply to emails either.

is this guys SAU user name "jrdsports"

if so...

Last Active 12th July, 2005 - 11:57 PM

how are you guys getting in contact with him on SAU?

No he is not the user , i think its simark87, his customer service is starting to upset a few people.

that is the reason why i bought my jrd boost controller off jrdsports, because mark was not repling to my emails and jrdsports replied within 10 mins of me sending it to him.

got my boost controller off jrdsports within 2 days of payment and the thing is the best performance investment i have made to date. so if your not getting anywhere with mark try these guy's , http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JRD-Boost-Controlle...1QQcmdZViewItem and you should get good service

there u go, two replies within a minute of each other which basically say the same thing - mark's customer service has become non-existant, whereas thus far jrdsports has been good, and if the product is as good, then to save hassles just buy it through him (via ebay - http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZjrdsport)

oh well i thought jrd was the guy that this thread was all about...back in the day when they were $22...

i emailed him, and he said he'd do it for $35 delivered , just buy it through ebay and mention that i was quoted $35 and that was it...

the original guy, whats his name on ebay?

this is the other one on ebay: http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZsimark87QQhtZ-1

ask the jrdsports if he'd supply them to SAU members for $35 delivered? and if so how we should go about ordering? he hasnt sold a truckload on ebay as yet, so he might get a lot more interested if he gets all the SAU guys who are tired of waiting :mellow:

this is the other one on ebay: http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZsimark87QQhtZ-1

ask the jrdsports if he'd supply them to SAU members for $35 delivered? and if so how we should go about ordering? he hasnt sold a truckload on ebay as yet, so he might get a lot more interested if he gets all the SAU guys who are tired of waiting :mellow:

well at first i thought he was the orignal seller this thread was about (as i didnt know there was 2 sellers) so i searched and he is a member on SAU as jrdsports, so i emailed him through the ebay auction page, asking what price he was doing for us SAU members...he said $35 delivered, which seems to be a $5 saving.

but now im not sure, as everyone in this thread is raving about simark's controller, and no one really seems to have used jrdsports yet....in theory they should be the same...but thats in theory. lol

I've got one of marks controllers and couldn't be happier, and in december at least he was answering his emails (usually within a day or so). The first one he sent out never arrived so he sent a second one that turned up the next day, meanwhile at the same time the first one was returned to sender back to him. So i never had any problems really.

But yeah, if he's not keeping in touch with customers then i guess you've got no option :

NOTICE TO SAU PEOPLES

I have received an email from Mark and he has assured me that my controller should be at my doorstep today. He even provided me with the tracking number.

The reason he has not been able to respond to peoples query emails or on this forum is that he is a VERY busy person as he works a full time job and is pretty busy meeting EVERYONES needs.

From his email:

"I work full time and spend a vast amount of time making these controllers, organising post and I receive more emails than I can possibly answer right away"

But rest assured your boost controller WILL arrive :(

Thankyou Mark

NOTICE TO SAU PEOPLES

I have received an email from Mark and he has assured me that my controller should be at my doorstep today. He even provided me with the tracking number.

The reason he has not been able to respond to peoples query emails or on this forum is that he is a VERY busy person as he works a full time job and is pretty busy meeting EVERYONES needs.

From his email:

"I work full time and spend a vast amount of time making these controllers, organising post and I receive more emails than I can possibly answer right away"

But rest assured your boost controller WILL arrive :D

Thankyou Mark

yeh he replied to me yestureday too, and this morning, just a hickup with ref number. hope he sorts it out

also got a reply yesterday within a few hours, and would've had my controller today if i wasnt at work last night when he replied....so due to good friday, i guess ill have it on tuesday or something

Do remember offering a product such as this he will receive a lot of emails from time wasters and also people who do not know how to fit the controller to their particular car. All of which spam the crap out of his inbox. :D

I would hate to see his inbox should he not check his email for a couple of days. :