SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ahh i gave up on emailing him, he didnt seem to reply, odd. I just went and bought 1 from ebay, havent heard back from him, but at least i know he'll have to reply this time :P

Edited by 32thrasher

I should have done the same !

Was meant to be here by the lastest today, and theres the drags tomorrow night :P

only time I get to go out (once in a blue moon) and was hoping to have it for the drags

ah well...

Hi,

I just ordered the Boost Controller and I was wondering if I can use it but still run my standard boost. Will using this boost controller make my turbo spoil quicker even if I still have my turbo running at 7psi?

If it will work like this do I just leave the boost controller fully open?

Thanks

Matt

youll run probably 2pis over stock as a minimum, and yes, the more wound out it is the less itll run. cant have it wound out too much or the ball wont be held in place by spring and it could get messed up. if u want to run stock boost, dont worry with it - the difference between 7psi normally, and 7psi if you could get it with this is not huge. not the best investment if you are wanting to run stock boost

Edited by NewKleer

Blackrb20silvia asked this ages ago but I couldn't see an answer.

How do you connect it for external wastegate setups?

Boost reference ------ boost controller ---------- bottom port on wastegate?

leave top port open?

bought mine friday on bay got on wednesday, after a bit off fiddling with annoying small gaps and annoyingly taught hoses i got it on and wow. I used to hate the way my car had no balls after 5krpm, now i barely notice it drop all the way through to 6200rpm when i shift. Also it spools at only 2000rpm, as compared to the old 2800rpm with the pod and 3000rpm stock standard. It spikes a little bit from .8 bar - .83 bar, .83 bar being 12 psi, so ill just leave it like that. 12 psi (.83 bar) is the recommended boost to run on these engines right?

chris is the wastegate setup your talking about the standard one? because if it is catkicker wrote up a good guide under the heading "installing turbotech boost controller" or something like that

ohh k i only half read your post, youve got a toyota engine or something, i thought you had a black rb20. Gotta start sleeping more

Don't know how that got there. I have toyota 1jz-gte with large single turbo, external wastegate. Use this controller inline with bottom port on wastegate?

Still aint receievd mine yet, Said he sent it but i checked the mail room as i got it delivered to work but not boost controller!

What the!

If he gave you the tracking number, ring up auspost and get them to look it up. If not ask him for it. Mine came in one of those express post envelopes. Check the mailroom blokes pockets to, i work in a mailroom and its funny how easy it is to claim stuff missing, mwaha