SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

I just received one of these last night. hooked it up to my s14 this morning, and can't seem to get it to sit at 8psi.. i'm scared that if i wind it out too far, that the bolt will fall out. does anyone else have this problem?

Brian.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Fellow Members

I just spoke to jrdsports about organising a group buy for us members on there boost controller.

He said if we can get 15+ people he will do them for $22 shipped.

Ill Start im getting 2 for freinds cars.

jrdsports said members should use reference SAU.

LINK

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JRD-Boost-Controlle...1QQcmdZViewItem

MM i thought the jrdsports ones were just cheap rip offs of marks ones? As in just replicas, no effort put into them just a design stolen.. Thats what i thought anyway..

MM i thought the jrdsports ones were just cheap rip offs of marks ones? As in just replicas, no effort put into them just a design stolen.. Thats what i thought anyway..

Indeed. f**k this other bloke who has ripped off Mark's design, I know I'll stay a loyal customer to him - he makes an excellent product and was the original innovator!

Edited by esprit

I just received one of these last night. hooked it up to my s14 this morning, and can't seem to get it to sit at 8psi.. i'm scared that if i wind it out too far, that the bolt will fall out. does anyone else have this problem?

Brian.

guess you didnt read that they have a minimum of about 2psi higher than stock boost. if ur wastegate is 7psi, you wont be able to get much less than about 9psi.

if u wind it out too far you will get stock boost or boost leak/running rich/shit depending in the screw you wind out no longer seals the air

if ur getting it to 9/10 then its probably working right. do you have a fmic, and what boost source are you using? when it spikes to 10, does it then come back to 9? does it do it more in low gears than higher gears?

the boost source should be the bottom, opposite bolt. the middle one goes to wastegate

the boost source should be as close to turbo compressor outlet as possible. u might get spiking if its on the manifold side of a bit fmic

Edited by NewKleer

Firstly I must say props to SirMark. I had my controller delivered within 3 days of the direct deposit, great service :)

Secondly, it works brilliantly. Boost builds beautifully and holds really well. On my RB20DET it hits 14psi at about 3500rpm, I think but it might be a bit lower. Boost tapers off to 12psi when the revs get up to 5000-5500ish but that's obviously just the turbo maxing out its efficiency.

All plumbed in nicely now, still works 100%. Amazing little controller and an absolute bargain at this price. I've since fixed all the missfire issues it caused (Note that it wasn't the controller's fault, missfires were from coils/plugs not holding up under the extra airflow from higher boost) and the car feels great.

Props to Mark for a great MBC.

Ben.

mark has great service ive bought 4 off him so far :)

ive sent mark an email on wed or thurs and posted in this thread and he still hasnt replyed....?

anyone know the best way to contact him?

cheers

ive sent mark an email on wed or thurs and posted in this thread and he still hasnt replyed....?

anyone know the best way to contact him?

cheers

I sent an email to Mark on a thursday and got a reply on the following tuesday.

delivery was quick for me, payed on tuesday, received on thursday.