SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys !!

I've tried to contact Mark to order two controllers through that indicated email address => No response!!!

I've check on e-bay => Non items like that (Turbotech and JRD boost controllers) were shown !!

Anyone know where they are now??

Anyway, there's another simple bleed unit called " FLYING HYPER BOOST CONTROLLER" selling for $19.99 Is it as good as the turbotech and Jrd boost controllers we are talking about???

Cheers!!

Hi Guys

Re: TURBOTECH

I packed up the computer for what was only supposed to be a few days for renovations that turned into nearly two weeks!! Everything was packed into one storage area.

They are back on ebay and or can be ordered direct for $35 delivered. If you are wanting the SAU discount please dont purchase one from the ebay listing and then ask for a discount as those listing charge a hefty listing fee.

A few people have attacked me on this forum regarding not returning emails or other delays.

A few points to consider:

I work full time

I have family commitments

I have to make all these controllers

I have to keep up with dozens and dozens of emails.

I only respond to emails out of nessecity for time reasons. Every morning there are about a dozen emails and when I get home it has often tripled. It is like a runaway train that is hard to stop.

If I have, for instance, a delay from a suplier it can often delay mail outs..

I really only keep making them as you guys keep wanting them and believe me at the price I do it for ($35 delivered) and the cost involved (parts and time) the hours spent reading emails and making the controllers it is not exactly a super profit exercise.

So its hard to take when numbskulls use this forum to attack my service when they should go to thier rooms and have a good cry instead of on here.

I do it really for the pleasure of knowing I can google my own product and know that they are now in over 2500 cars!! Thats inspiration in itself not the few cents I make on them.

So to those boof heads that have a sook about not getting 7 emails at every stage of manufacturing the controller- you can eat my shorts and live a day in my shows while I piss myself laughing at you going crazy!

Pehaps we should start a thread for whingers :nyaanyaa:

And, to those who are patient and reasonable... I hope you love the buzz you get when boosting with a turbotech!

Cheers

Mark

[email protected]

Mark,

Well put, I understand exactly how you feel. I'm sure I speak on behalf of the 200+ I've sold as well as the 2500+ other car that we all appreciate the work put into these.

Regards,

Sam

lol i don't believe people are whinging.

Its $35 FFS!!!

I have bought about 4 - 5 from Mark and they are an excellent product.

Worth way way more than $35 and i can understand the time and trouble involved in keeping up with such a large quantity.

Give the guy a break!

i agree with what mark is saying 50% but mark for you to come out here and call your customers whingers is not good for business. These are people that are buying your products and supporting you, if you can't handel the heat get out of it and continue with your full time job.

You will learn that customer service is the no1 priority, therefore you should treat your customers with respect, take it from me the only reason i went to JRD was because you would not reply after 6 emails and it was over a period of 3 weeks, now i call this bad customer service, all you had to do is spend 1 minute and reply and advise me that you will attend to my email in the next week or so.

So don't blast us your customers for your troubles, if you can't keep up the pace slow down where it's manageable.

My 2 cents worth

Has anyone else had issues with a boost spike to over 12psi even with the screw barely tightened? Could this be caused by the ball bearing not being seated correctly?

Hi mrgilly,

Boost spike with a gated controller such as the Turbotech is unlikely to be caused by the controller in itself. keep in mind that there are many factors relating to the usage of boost and it differs from car to car.

Boost spike most definately will not be cause by a ball bearing not seating nicely.

In fact, if the ball is not seating tightly it will be hard to get high boost levels as it wont hold back the pressure very well. Boost spiking tends to be related to other car components and it is exaggerated differently between different controllers. advice that I have been given is that spike is very often related to modifications done willy nilly without expert computer and dyno assistance in the planning.

:(

Hi mrgilly,

Boost spike with a gated controller such as the Turbotech is unlikely to be caused by the controller in itself. keep in mind that there are many factors relating to the usage of boost and it differs from car to car.

Boost spike most definately will not be cause by a ball bearing not seating nicely.

In fact, if the ball is not seating tightly it will be hard to get high boost levels as it wont hold back the pressure very well. Boost spiking tends to be related to other car components and it is exaggerated differently between different controllers. advice that I have been given is that spike is very often related to modifications done willy nilly without expert computer and dyno assistance in the planning.

>_<

Thanks for that.

The only mod on my r34 otherwise is a cat-back exhaust...

Are there any other common causes to this i.e. stock parts needing replacement etc? Is it likely my stock boost gauge is just cactus?

i agree with what mark is saying 50% but mark for you to come out here and call your customers whingers is not good for business. These are people that are buying your products and supporting you, if you can't handel the heat get out of it and continue with your full time job.

You will learn that customer service is the no1 priority, therefore you should treat your customers with respect, take it from me the only reason i went to JRD was because you would not reply after 6 emails and it was over a period of 3 weeks, now i call this bad customer service, all you had to do is spend 1 minute and reply and advise me that you will attend to my email in the next week or so.

So don't blast us your customers for your troubles, if you can't keep up the pace slow down where it's manageable.

My 2 cents worth

Dude, if you don't want one don't buy one. Whinging isn't going to impress anyone and Mark certainly doesn't car.ha ha ha ha ha :laughing-smiley-014:

Power to the consumer???? Yes you have, so use it and don't his product

Mine works really well......had to wait over 3 weeks for it but so what- thanks Mark

Edited by Simonster

Is there a guide how to fit these without having to read through 52 pages?

here are the three that make the most sence, made by others in this thread.

I actually read all 26 pages (40 post per page) and it is very interesting read actually.

Anyway here are what I found:

post-7853-1152408863.jpgpost-7853-1152408973.pngpost-7853-1152409080.jpg

It's by no means hard, if you know what you are looking at :D

Guest Rotary20B
Dude, if you don't want one don't buy one. Whinging isn't going to impress anyone and Mark certainly doesn't car.ha ha ha ha ha :laughing-smiley-014:

Power to the consumer???? Yes you have, so use it and don't his product

Mine works really well......had to wait over 3 weeks for it but so what- thanks Mark

Why did you have to wait 3 weeks?