SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard from Mark lately? I brought a unit from him two days ago, emailed him twice and have heard nothing.. I need the unit by tomorrow as the car is going to the mechanics for a variety of other things and i wanted to get it all done.

heya, i ordered the part like a week and a half ago, and got the part yesterday in the mail.

was a little delayed but i suspect Mark doesnt get on the net very often.

hope you get it in time!!!

will be installing tonight i think

cheers

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Put mine in last night and have a quick test today on the way to work. Apart from the boost a little high, it works awsome. Boost alot quicker and the BOV is louder. Ill adjust the boost after work and give it a good run. Awsome mod for $35!! Very happy here :happy:

I have to tell you how well with controller works on my skyline

got a 700hp gt3540 with a 38mm ext gate 3l bottom end

Went to C&V for a tune and everyone there was very skeptical about using that boost controller on my car with those kind of mods except the tuner Con who said "i will allways try something once"

We put it on and set it and the boost curve was just perfect. Con could not believe how well these boost controller works. The curve looks like something an eboost will hold.

So yeah if anyone wants to use this on a externaly gated turbo it worked for me.

A mob called JRD have copied the design and are flogging them of $5 cheaper than marks.

It says something about the quality of the design if there are already cheaper knock off's floating around

Competition, is good for us the customer.

Yeh i bought it off JRDSPORT top serivce and has helped me with aftermarket service on how to install as i was having trouble, i asked him what was the difference between his boost controller and turbotech, he said that his boost controller has a different spring rate for faster turbo spool. Oh well im happy. great product, great service and great price.

i bought one a couple of months ago but only just got around to putting it in. I still have to make a few changes but the one trouble i have is that it is overboosting really bad...

I put my foot down and it will go up 13 - 15psi then drop down and hold at around 9 1/2psi

I have checked the lines and they are about as short as i can make them with very little angle to any of them ??? any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers Leigh

same thing is happening to mine, plus ther is a sound that is awefully bad if i plant my foot down. if i slowly put it down then ther's not 2 much to worry about, but lets say i jus dcided 2 go pedal 2 metal for a gear....about 3000-redline its got a shredding kind of sound. Ive got a hi-flowed stock turbo, n was like WTF wen i put it in. great toy though :P would recommend to anyone and everyone!

i have the same issue on one of the two i have i think. ie one spikes badly the other spikes at most 0.5 psi. ive emailed mark to see if theres anything that could go wrong with it to cause this, cause my other one worked fine

I fitted mine today, its set at 10psi, but a wierd thing happens say im boosting hard in 2nd change in to 3rd and quickly jump off the throttle my guage for some reasons jump VERY quickly to 15-20psi and then straight to 0psi...Is that normal?

NOT NORMAL!!!

if u set at 10psi and it spike to 15-20 psi! OMG

did u disconeccted the stock selonoid?

or u hooked them up wrong way around?

happened to me,

i keep geting max boost, spike 15-20psi! turn out i have to remove the stock selonoid!

So NewKleer do you know if there are two different spring rates and that sounds dodge as it ones fine and hte other isnt. I am going to set mine up again on the weekend with thicker hoses and make them even shorter if possible... hopefully that will fix my problem.

on the diagram above it looks like the bottom adapter on the boost controller below goes into the IC piping which is wrong. shouldnt it be the bit that points to the right ??? as such you can adjust the boost from the top ??? seems logical to me

anyways if i am wrong that would possibly explain my spikage but it just doesnt look right ???

The adjuster is what preloads the spring to hold the ball in place until it reaches the set level. So it needs to read boost from the bottom of the device not the side. It would be too complicated to make otherwise.