SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another thumbs up to Mark.

Apart from getting my controller within a couple days after depositing money, Mark also sent me a second spring within three days (including anzac day) after I lost mine.

Haha i just couldn't wait! I received mine today and just put it on 15min ago and took the Turbotech for a test and all i can say is HOLY CRAP! Did anyone say traction? :P It hit 12psi almost instantaneously!! it was all fun till the fuel cut defender came in :( so wound it back 3/4 turn and tightened the nut and went for another wrap... 9psi solid! No Spike! No Loss! All the way to redline! My car was boosting to 9psi before and i wouldn’t want it to boost any higher cause only stock cooler and stock ecu... Full boost came on at no more then 2400RPM... It took me like 2min to fit it into my R33 GTSt but getting the hoses off that T-piece was a nightmare! Just a bit of advice, spray some WD40 and twist using pliers and they will slip off... Great product Mark! Another happy customer! A+++

Regards,

Sarkis

i got mine today too... (well yesterday) i orderd on the 15th LOL. but all good i sent a email to mark and got it pretty much next day think it got lost in post?.

put it in the gtr and fark. hahah legs shaking is all i can say. hasnt happened since the first time i drove my r33 gtst wen i was a newb. hahhaha.

i even had the boost restrictor still lol

reading some of the responses, i hope no one has been dialling up huge boost settings just "cause they can" with this boost controller (like any boost controller). everyone of course should only be setting it to an amount theyre pretty sure the engine will take without issues, otherwise this $35 investment might end up costing you much more than that if your not careful.

if someone in brisbane can order me one I'll give them a $20 tip. Reason is because I dont have debt online banking or credit card :worship:

I need one and been asking a few friends if they could but they dont want me having a faster car. Sort of sucks as my fmic coming this week and my fuel pump is sitting here all lonely :D

Hey guys, i read that a few of you removed the "restrictor" on their R33... can someone plz PM me or post a pic of where it is located in the engine bay???

Cheers,

Sarkis

Wow. 45 pages worth of posts about a simple mechanical boost controller :worship:

I got one of these yesterday off a friend (who had one spare at his workshop), after the HKS EVC II piece of junk that came with my car finally decided it had had enough.

If anyone wants to use one of these valves on a GT-R, find out which hose from the factory solenoid goes to the inlet manifold (should be easy to blow in with the engine running), connect this to the fitting inline with the adjustment screw. The other hose goes to the wastegate actuators, and will be hard to blow into (as it has no vacuum behind it), connect that to the last fitting.

Hey guys, i read that a few of you removed the "restrictor" on their R33... can someone plz PM me or post a pic of where it is located in the engine bay???

Cheers,

Sarkis

There isn't really a restrictor on the SII - it's the T-piece pipe that you remove from the hose going to the actuator that splits off to the dual solenoid.

Remove this T-piece, plug it in and see how you go.. I wasn't able to find an actual restrictor - others might have different suggestions..

ya i found a restrictor in the hose that connects to the intake pipe...

its a little gold thing inside the pipe... you can feel it inside the hose

its the black rubber pipe that connects to the T piece and to the intake pipe...

if anyone can upload a pic of your engine bay i can circle it for ya..

Thanks for your help guys, I have done about 75kms worth of driving today with the Turbotech and I have noticed a MASSIVE improvement in acceleration in 2nd and 3rd :ban: overtaking is so much more fun now lol I have it set to 9psi and its running beautifully... I think I’m might leave that restrictor in cause its not causing any issues as I have totally removed the standard solenoid from the equation... I seriously feel i have gained at least 10 - 15rwkw... it feels like the same increase in power since my full exhaust which gave me 20rwkw.. No complaints!

Anyone have any dyno comparisons from stock solenoid and with the Turbotech?

Regards,

Sarkis

I have had my turbotech boost controller in my car now for about a month with perfect operation.

But just recently i have been experiencing boost spike.

It used to boost up to 10psi and hold it rock solid. But now it shoots up to 12psi or so and then settles down to 10psi.

Do you think the spring is binding up or maybee moisture may be affecting the spring?

would spraying WD40 be a good idea or will it stuff it?

cheers

hey um basically i am interested in purchasing 1 of these, but what should i get to determine how much boost im cranking..

I dont want to spend $80 just to get a lcd screen unit which tells me my current boost, just so i can adjust the boost on the controller. I assume the stock boost controller isnt good for this because it only cranks to 7 psi and ive heard that the majority of stockish 32 gts-t owners are running theirs at about 12 PSI.. 12 PSI is about right yeh?

Is there some kind of tool i can hook onto some where that will tell me how much boost im running to help me adjust it???

Thanks