SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

just wondering are you guys disconnecting the 2 stage boost control thing the R33 has??? you know its 5psi in the lower rpm ranges then goes to 7psi in the higher ranges?? If you got it set at 10psi then spikes to 12 it may be due to this factor. Just something that I thought would be worthwhile to mention :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI,

Mark here...

It's worth mentioning that sometimes when I get an email requesting details for purchase, my responses just bounce back repeatedly and there is nothing I can do... :(

And then a couple of times that guy has left a message on this forum about getting no response... :blink:

Also just a reminder that I 'rarely' check pm's so if you send me one and get no response..then you why...and I see i have a stack of them...

I work out of town too so sometimes I can get a bit behind qwith emails and post outs...

Also, sometimes my part supplier can be unable to get an essential part and there can be delays..especially with springs and the one I use can't be substituted without making a crap controller...Whatever the delay if there is one is usually for a good reason and not just coz I'm slack.. Im actually as busy as twins :(

Cheers

Mark

[email protected]

I jsut installed mine today. very impressed. With R33 theres a T piece, you remove this, you block the hose coming from the solaniod with a bolt. and from the waste gate you just plug into the controller like the pic supplied, and the other into the hose coming out of the pipe.

Yes it works :yes:

Another tip; hot water before you start on the rubber hoses loosens them up :cheers:

Ordered mine 7 days ago, How long does it take to get to Perth?

hope it comes soon :)

I would have brought one but the guy has never answered my questions of wether I can pick it up or not.......and the price has jumped to $34.90.....so I know what he can do with his boost controller.......

I got my Boost Controller today. Took a few days but came in perfect condition and with good instructions. Just waiting for my Boost Gauge now.

How long can the tubes be if you extend them to mount the controller somewhere?

I got my Boost Controller today. Took a few days but came in perfect condition and with good instructions. Just waiting for my Boost Gauge now.

How long can the tubes be if you extend them to mount the controller somewhere?

tubes can be as long as you need them to be, but the shorter the pipes the better the response from the boost controller.

I am a noob. Wanting to buy this for my stock 33 turbo. I notice that the car is meant to be hitting i think 7psi standard but rarely hits it, more like 5-6. Will getting this and say putting it to 8psi or something mean that it will hit 8psi all the time (when on full boost). Cheers. Also what is the max for safest and most reliable operation for the 33 gts-t. I am only looking to maintain a good level of boost instead of constantly getting below tha standard

stock boost gauge isnt in PSI its in MMHG and 7X100 MMHG is about 13.5/14 PSI (cant remember which exactly) You can individually adjust this controller, yes but you should invest in a boost gauge that reads in psi or bar first, because these will be more accurate and quite a bit easier to figure out, going by what other people are running. As for stock boost, im not sure but try running a search with "Safe BOOST R33" or something

Edited by r32 gts-turbo

just wondering are you guys disconnecting the 2 stage boost control thing the R33 has??? you know its 5psi in the lower rpm ranges then goes to 7psi in the higher ranges?? If you got it set at 10psi then spikes to 12 it may be due to this factor. Just something that I thought would be worthwhile to mention ;)

I thought by adding this boost controller, the two stage boost control no longer came into effect?

I thought by adding this boost controller, the two stage boost control no longer came into effect?

that is correct... installing this will just over ride the duel stage control

Can any1 show me is there any thread to teach how to install a manual boost controller?Best if wif pics...i cant find any...i just bought 1 through ebay,...i think is quite similar or totally the same wif this 1~thankx~

I dont see how hard it could be to install..

One end goes to positive boost pressure, ie inlet / ic piping

Other end goes to Wastegate actuator

of cause i could be wrong, thats how my current setup works

ive just payed for 2 of these bad boys last night (me and a mate)

hopefully give me more control over the boost

/Happy

Edited by Unkn0wn

Is this kit the Turbo tech boost controller on Ebay for $34?

Im pretty keen to get one as im getting my bosch 044 next week and my FMIC soon so ill feel comfortable running about 10.

cheers

also, i just order one of the gktech intercoolers from the group buy, would these coolers have the nipple on the ic piping where the stock one is? or would i have to get a nipple welded to the new ic piping?

another thing to addm is how exactly can this magical boost controller increase spool time?

are you sure its not the placeboi affect?

im all for trying it but im curious as to how this boost controller can reduce lag and increase spool time.

Edited by hayden49

What happens on a tradional bleeder or stock setup, is that the wastegate actuator sees a signal all the time so may trigger the wastegate to start opening early. Now what this controller does, is stop the signal from getting through to the acuator until it reaches a set point. Because the actuator dosen't get a signal, it leaves the wastegate firmly shut until the actuator sees a signal at which time it triggers the wastegate to open fully. Hense the super fast spool up.

This is a similar concept to what some EBCs can be setup to do, but dosen't have the high price tag to go with it.

An inexpensive product that actually does what it claims....took me 2 min to install with great results. Even if it did take a week to get here, it's $35 well spent. Nice one Mark cheers....

Hello Fellow Members

I just spoke to jrdsports about organising a group buy for us members on there boost controller.

He said if we can get 15+ people he will do them for $22 shipped.

Ill Start im getting 2 for freinds cars.

jrdsports said members should use reference SAU.

LINK

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JRD-Boost-Controlle...1QQcmdZViewItem

mark, i sent you an email a couple of days ago about buying two of them from you with no response so far?

my email address is lag246_@hotmail. let me know if you recieved it so i can get one of these puppies :)