SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

lol no other controllers that I know of...I suppose anythings possible...but the hi stage boost was working ages ago....then it seemed to be spiking after 4500rpm by 2psi....So i thought the controller would fix it, as it eliminates the solenoid altogether, but it hasn't :cool:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a bit concerned as I feel like I have lost power and acceleration since installing this, I'm hopinh it's not a result of wear caused by my fanging it around the past 3 days testing this controller and just generally having some fun. I'm going to put the hose and T piece back in and see if it makes a difference before I worry too much as the car is not blowing any smoke and is not making any weird noises, just doesn't feel as strong - that's even when i ran it on 9psi a few times. I should prolly try blocking those solenoid hoses first too.

Dezz: Just for the sake of it, reset your ECU?

yeah i might try that as well.

will be trying some other things out tomorrow night to see if we can work out whats causing the spike...

as for yours, i dont think 3 days of hard driving would have killed anything, unless it was already very close to dying

Ive actually laid off putting it on myself, i donno much about puttin stuff on, but after lookin at some pics im gonna attempt it tomoz :(

So i take it that you dont have to block the solenoid holes? Just the bottom tube which use to connect to the solenoid?

Oh, and is it safe to do this without an aftermarket boost gauge?

Yeh just boost it till it pings then back it off 2 psi, you guys realise that if you are running a series two, that the ECU will activate the rich-retard program when it senses overboosting. that is why your car feels like it has lost power. time to buy a computer.

Ive actually laid off putting it on myself, i donno much about puttin stuff on, but after lookin at some pics im gonna attempt it tomoz :P

So i take it that you dont have to block the solenoid holes? Just the bottom tube which use to connect to the solenoid?

Oh, and is it safe to do this without an aftermarket boost gauge?

may i ask how the hell ppl got this t peice off? its so damn tight...

ive got my solenoid hoses off, but cant get the t peice off to shove in my boost controller... so am i pretty screwed right now?

Hey guys, i have made a VERY easy to follow step by step procedure with colour photos to install the turbotech as a word file... PM me if your intrested and i can send it to you...

Took me 5 min to fit it! 4min and 30 sec to remove the vacumme hose of the T piece (stuck on) then 30 sec to fit the Turbotech!

Cheers

Edited by QRI05E

Hi guys i bought one of these for my mates 200, but dont know where exactly to stick it, doe any 1 know or worked on a 200 b4 i tried nissansilvia but there is no stright answer to it almost like no one knows how to do it or no one wants to help, if some 1 knows anytyhing at all plz let me know

thankx in advanced,,

Marckus

cheers QRI05E and others, i finally got it on and its working great now, car feels alot faster :D!

I had to go buy some pliars cause using your hands to get those hoses off is like impossible... Pictures helped ALOT, i know nothin about cars and yet i still managed to get this thing on, goes to show how much help they were thx again all!

may i ask how the hell ppl got this t peice off? its so damn tight...

ive got my solenoid hoses off, but cant get the t peice off to shove in my boost controller... so am i pretty screwed right now?

Twisting the hose off seems to be a good trick, that usually works.

There's been many posts about how quick he gets back to people. Understand that he is a one man show with a new born and that he hasn't stiffed anyone yet. Be patient, you'll get your tap soon enough just like I did. Hammering this thread or his inbox will get you no-where.

For the record I am one of the most impatient SOB's out there so I know what it's like to wait, this guy has got a lot on his plate though.

Cheers

Be patient.. I've had things take 1.5weeks to arive when sent by regular.

If you want it and don't want to wait pay the extra for express.

Yeah, I paid for express. Thus the impatience.

I'm not arguing he's got a lot on the plate, but even a "yes i got the money" would've been nice.

-mark

Hi,

I bought this controller a few months ago now but havent been using it becasue of my coils. Now I have my coils fixed I have installed it and running at 12psi. I was expecting the turbo to spool alot faster but I have noticed no difference. My turbo still hits full boost around 3800revs. I have a R34 turbo from a RB25 running on my RB20. The boost also drops from 12psi to 11psi at around 6700revs. Is this normal and is there a way to get my turbo spooling faster? Also does it matter how long the hose is from the turbo and the wastegate?

Thanks! >_<

don rb20's make max power at 6400rpm,

that may explain the spiking at around 6700rpm.