SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dezz - which way do you have it plumbed in.. from the sounds of it you've put it in line with the solenoid.. once you hit 4,5000 it shouldn't make any difference if you've got the solenoid T-piece pulled out..

Take a photo of how you've got it plugged in and we'll take a looky.

I'll get a photo of it tomorrow...

its coming off the stock nipple, because my fmic uses the stock piping...so its under the airbox...

stock solenoid has no hoses going into it, and is disconnected at the plug

Hey,

Has anyone heard from mark recently because the last thing i want to do is buy from this jrd guy no offence but i dont beleave in copying then trying to sell your product on a thread that was directed at marks product...

if anyone hear's from mark please post up how they got in contact..

if not i will probly start saving for EBC.

Hey dezz, did you sort out that issue? Very curious to see what's causing it.

I just installed mine tonight, on lowest possible setting for testing. It ran 7psi and slowly creeped up to 8psi by about 5000rpm. Although i dont think it was due to the factory dual stage. I'm thinking maybe the turbotech wasnt meant to hold such low boost.

When i get a chance tomorrow, i'll set it to 10psi and see how it holds.

HI everybody,

i ended up goin on ebay and gettin a turbotech BC. im installing it soon so i took a look under the bonet.

i tryed looking for a 32 install but didnt find. after looking at 30 diff pages.

I already have a hsk bleed valve (came with the car)and would like to replace it.. i numbered the pipes i think are used please help. number 1 is the bleed valve i think.. nice peice of plastc holding my boost.. i feel so safe..

enginbay.jpg

Thank you.

Edited by Fugi

sorry Fugi, not sure about r32 setup.

i set mine to 9psi today, and seemed to hold steady, although daytime traffic etc, and only really tested it in 2nd. so far so good.

i used the standard hoses, and just replaced the T piece with the turbotech, blocked the line that was going to the top of the solenoid, and remove bottom line.

can post pics if anyone needs them (R33).

sorry Fugi, not sure about r32 setup.

i set mine to 9psi today, and seemed to hold steady, although daytime traffic etc, and only really tested it in 2nd. so far so good.

i used the standard hoses, and just replaced the T piece with the turbotech, blocked the line that was going to the top of the solenoid, and remove bottom line.

can post pics if anyone needs them (R33).

Thats ok, i just wanted to see if someone could help me out so i didnt have to use trial and error. i will post up my findings cauz no one seems to have installed it on a r32 and taken picks. i will post soon.

Thanks

hey, on my r33 i had mine wound out so it would only make 6psi or so where the actuator opens. driving around tonight when i came from a bit of acceleration to a stop quickly she'd stall...im guessing this may be the cause as this is the only change ive done other than the new intake...

hey, on my r33 i had mine wound out so it would only make 6psi or so where the actuator opens. driving around tonight when i came from a bit of acceleration to a stop quickly she'd stall...im guessing this may be the cause as this is the only change ive done other than the new intake...

i'd be looking at the new intake. more likely to be that rather than the boost controller, since the boost controller isnt doing anything when your off boost.

new intake as in what? new pod? new intake pipe? new plenum? has your afm been messed around with?

are these still available for SAU members at $22 delivered???

I've tried contacting mark through ebay,email, and through pm on this forum but still no reply, anyone else know how to contact him?

Dont wanna sound cheap but why pay $37.40 on ebay if i can get it for $22...

Hey all as per my post i think like 20 pages ago i managed to get mine working and it has been going strong alot better than my previous turbosmart pos. Anyways i have upped the boost to around what i thought was 11psi. After doing some high load runs i found that it was getting up to a max of 11.6psi at 4500rpm and then worked its way down gradually till 6800rpm when it was down to about 9.8psi. I have checked the lines and they are as straight and short as i can make them. Other than maybe trying to shield the BC from the engine bay heat do people have any other ideas on what i can do.

Summary is below

4500rpm - 11.6psi

5100rpm - 11.1psi

5700rpm - 10.7psi

6300rpm - 10.0psi

6900rpm - 9.8psi

PS i know it's a cheap boost controller and can't expect the world but 1.8psi is a fair drop.