SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't you get it through ebay? or does it specifically say only oz?

i'm sure if you emailed him, and paid for one, with a little extra postage... he'd send it to NZ? it's still an item that needs to be taken to the post office... don't see what the difference is really?

Sigh, I'm in Christchurch, New Zealand.. I want one...

Anyone want to send me one? :rant:

isnt new zeland part of australia anyway ? :laughing-smiley-014:

i dont think they would have a problem posting it to n.z

Sigh, I'm in Christchurch, New Zealand.. I want one...

Anyone want to send me one? :laugh:

Build your own one. It's not exactly rocket science. Probably cost you half as much aswell. Just make sure you use a good quality spring and ball bearing which isn't going to rust.

dont bother building one for the price, just pay the man for a few $$$ postage. Mine is hilding 240rwkw at 19psi and boost is a flat line... perfect. 100% I wish all mods were this simple :(

I WANT ONE! how much could you sell to me for? im from Auckland, New zealand. Im a member of Skylinesdownunder. I read the first 26 pages and got tired lol.

I want one. You could try www.skylinesdownunder.co.nz as im sure alot of people would want one as well. I personally have a few mates with skylines who would want one too.

Thanks. I use paypal.

I WANT ONE! how much could you sell to me for? im from Auckland, New zealand. Im a member of Skylinesdownunder. I read the first 26 pages and got tired lol.

I want one. You could try www.skylinesdownunder.co.nz as im sure alot of people would want one as well. I personally have a few mates with skylines who would want one too.

Thanks. I use paypal.

they are NOT for sale here

here is where they ARE for sale its called eBAY

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Turbotech-manual-tu...1QQcmdZViewItem

hope this helpsyou find it

Thanks. I use paypal.

if he wont send you one, i'll sell you mine when I get my EBC :laugh:

I ordered one of these from Ebay weeks ago - still have not received it! Now I'm just thinking of getting an EBC anyway...

PS - I have since received it - looks good. Kind of wishing I had gone down the EBC path now though as I have also brought an autometer boost gauge to use with it and am having trouble finding a good spot for it. R34's need more space around the dash!!!!

Edited by JustinP

If u guys from NZ want, I'll buy u some and u can give them to ur friends.

How bout we say this: deposit the money into my account, if NZ wins the final in the ODI cricket, ill send ya 2, if AUS wins I keep the money! :laugh:

How much faith do u have in ur cricket team?

If u guys from NZ want, I'll buy u some and u can give them to ur friends.

How bout we say this: deposit the money into my account, if NZ wins the final in the ODI cricket, ill send ya 2, if AUS wins I keep the money! :happy:

How much faith do u have in ur cricket team?

haha i think thats a fair bet.

So my car started making a strange noise lately when I get on boost. A loud blowing noise, air escaping through somewhere.

I had banged my exhaust and it started right afterward, so I thought I must have cracked the exhaust or otherwise put a leak in it.

Today I put it in to get checked out, and I get a call from my mechanic saying that the exhaust is fine etc., but he pinpointed the sound to be coming from my turbotech boost controller. He opened it up and said there was no ball bearing - what the hell!? I can't think of any explanation for this... And so he reckons because the ball bearing was missing, then air was rushing out the little hole in the side of the boost controller which was making the noise.

Although if there was no ball bearing then my boost should be hitting rediculous levels, but I certainly didn't notice it.

I'm dumbfounded...

Is he sure there's no ball bearing?

Some times they stick inside due to the oil and crap and only the spring falls out.

If there was no ball bearing in there it would be quite the opposite, only a slight increase in boost and thats it. Boost would not hit rediculous levels. :P

Is he sure there's no ball bearing?

Some times they stick inside due to the oil and crap and only the spring falls out.

If there was no ball bearing in there it would be quite the opposite, only a slight increase in boost and thats it. Boost would not hit rediculous levels. :(

Yeah it's definitely not there... I asked him are you sure it didn't fall out and he said yes.

And that was dumb, I'd forgotten how it worked...

The sound is still terrible :sick: It sounds like my turbo has water in it or something. Hard to describe...

Edited by bombastic

u should have a guage measuring before manifold boost pressure.. whats it reading. its a bit stupid to have a BC without a guage.. how would u calibrate it?

It was 7-8 before installing and 9-10 after installing. I was just going by the stock gauge. I was more thinking along the lines of if the gauge was stuffed, I didn't notice a stupid increase in power.

Anyway, Mark (Turbotech) responded to my email within an hour to tell me what size bearing to use... thanks!

Edited by bombastic