SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

yeah i recieved mine yesterday and hooked it up last night.

oh and my car is a S15 200SX....

went for a drive set it to 14 pound... it gets there alright. its just teh changing gears that is the problem. it looses all boost and has to rebuild it again b4 we take off again. even quick shifting couldnt stop it from venting all teh boost.

is it because my standard blow off valve is set to like 8 or 9 PSI??? and it just lets too much boost outa the system?

i am unshure.... its the only thing i can think of as to why it does it.

yet my standard boost solonoid which teh computer controls works just fine, when teh BOV goes off there is still boost in the system and no need for a really laggy response....

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i recieved mine yesterday and hooked it up last night.

oh and my car is a S15 200SX....

went for a drive set it to 14 pound... it gets there alright. its just teh changing gears that is the problem. it looses all boost and has to rebuild it again b4 we take off again. even quick shifting couldnt stop it from venting all the boost.

is it because my standard blow off valve is set to like 8 or 9 PSI??? and it just lets too much boost outa the system?

i am unshure.... its the only thing i can think of as to why it does it.

yet my standard boost solonoid which teh computer controls works just fine, when teh BOV goes off there is still boost in the system and no need for a really laggy response....

I think its prob got more to do with the controller than the bov. I think its because the controller doesn't let the air escape that is in the line between itself and the wastegate - thus keeping the wastegate open and letting all the boost out which is why it has to build again. I heard that the earlier models have a hole in the controller somewhere to vent this pressure out. Btw if you want to run 14psi on your s15 i would prob reccomend not using the controller at all and just taking out the resrictor hose attached to the solenoid and replacing it with another hose like a fuel line hose or something. We did this on my brothers s15 and got 14psi with perfect gear changes- pretty much whl spin 1st 2nd 3rd. :laugh:

Cheers

Btw can someone please tell me where the hole is supposed to be? and do the controllers with the hole in them working in preventing laggy gear changes??

Edited by R33silverS2

hmmm.. that's interesting... i thought i read a few pages back that the removal of the little hole was an IMPROVEMENT? :laugh:

Well if the one i got was supposed to be 'the improved' one then the first one must have been shyte. Cos gear changes certainly arn't that magnificant.

Hey guys,

I've been seeing guys have been blocking off a hose? Which one is it and how do you do it? After you do it do you have to plug it back in? A pic would be nice. I own a r34 gt-t

Thanks guys!

hay R32silvers2

i already done that mod and plugged up that lil hole that leaks air in the BOV neways...

im getting about 14 pound boost which is good. its what i want.

and it makes sence that its going to lag alot when changing gears cuz the wastegate is staying open untill it vents that air out so is there a 7 pound 1way valve that can be put in the system to bypass it.

i bought the norgren valve settup as autospeed has. and CBF to set it up properly so meh it didnt get done.

but i was thinking cuz its a 1way valve settup that i could bypass it so that the pressure bleeds back into the system and there for elimating the "lag" as such....

but in saying that

ppl who run 20pound thru there cars with this boost controler... how come they dont have a "lag" problem when changing gears?

bought one it was shit house spiking laggy hooked it up as the instructions said played around adjusting it BAH! crap i say get what you pay for.....maybe i got a dodgy one i still have it u can have it ANYONE!

hay R32silvers2

i already done that mod and plugged up that lil hole that leaks air in the BOV neways...

im getting about 14 pound boost which is good. its what i want.

and it makes sence that its going to lag alot when changing gears cuz the wastegate is staying open untill it vents that air out so is there a 7 pound 1way valve that can be put in the system to bypass it.

i bought the norgren valve settup as autospeed has. and CBF to set it up properly so meh it didnt get done.

but i was thinking cuz its a 1way valve settup that i could bypass it so that the pressure bleeds back into the system and there for elimating the "lag" as such....

but in saying that

ppl who run 20pound thru there cars with this boost controler... how come they dont have a "lag" problem when changing gears?

Not sure about the valve idea but worth looking into i suppose. I want to see what happens if i put a hole in it cos then it has a route to vent the air left in the line and hence closing the gate. So are you saying that you have removed the restrictor and are using a turbotech ontop of that mod to get to the 14lbs? Our one reached about 13.5 - 14psi with the restricotr removed, standard exhaust, turbosmart bov, and power intake. Anyone with the one with the hole, does it work to reduce lag???

ummz yeah i had a better think about that idea.. it wont work lol.

but yeah umm with my restrictor removed, 3" and pod. she was hitting 14 pound up top.. 12 pound till 6000rpm.

but on top of that now i have a greddy frount mount and a power fc.

so it boosts to 14 pound straight away with the standard settup. but it wastegate creaps a bit.

but just lookin at this controler now, it doesnt have that little bypass hole in it. so it doesnt relieve the wastegate from closing again :) and its really laggy between gear changes...

hay he changed it and not drilled the hole in it???

Edited by n0nac

If your getting 14psi with the restrictor removed and no turbotech i would personally just take that and it little bit of creep and enjoy the crisp response opn gear changes over using the controller to reduce creep but lag on changes. The lag on changes really sh#ts me, its why i changed over from my turbosmart one but is no imrpovement, might even lag more...

ohok fair enough..

yeah i did lol changed it back last night lol

im just gonna save my pennies for a blitz ID3 i think... i was kinda hoping this would do what it was claimed to do at teh start of the thread.

altho it does hit boost harder. its no fun changing gears :)

ill just have to mod it my self now... about the only way i see around it... lol

Edited by n0nac

Mine has the pin hole directly opposite the nipple that feeds the wastegate actuator, so smack in the middle.

If its too high the bolts thread will block the hole and yes.. You could see lag on gear changes.

Solder up the hole and redrill. :)