SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just make the hole where cubes said.

Mine has the pin hole directly opposite the nipple that feeds the wastegate actuator, so smack in the middle.

here's a pic

imgp1962ori6zn.jpg

lol...as you can tell, i'm quite keen to see if this fixes the lag :)

It may not be the contoller that is causing the "lag". Lag between gears is normally because of long intercooler pipes. When you change gears the air gets released from the system, and has to travel all the way along the intake system again. This cannot happen instantly, so you may feel some lag. This is one of the reasons why the V-mount intercooler systems are so popular in Japan.

It may not be the contoller that is causing the "lag". Lag between gears is normally because of long intercooler pipes. When you change gears the air gets released from the system, and has to travel all the way along the intake system again. This cannot happen instantly, so you may feel some lag. This is one of the reasons why the V-mount intercooler systems are so popular in Japan.

I've got a blitz LM front mount...pipes are shorter than all the hybrid/trust/hks etc kits....

Lag caused by a boost controller not releasing the pressure between the boostcontroller and actuator cannot be mistaken.

As you grab the next gear boost comes on really really slowly and smoothly. It sucks. :no:

Yes front mount systems add some lag to the setup but i feel that it is more throttle response rather than on gear changes at WOT that it effects. A simple test is just remove the boost controller and put a tee piece back in or a line straight from the ic piping to the actuator and you will see that the boost response is much better on changes-basically instantanious - hence the controller is causing the wastegate to stay open too long...

I brought one recently and it doesn't have the little hole in it. I don't get that lag everyone is talking about, I don't have an FMIC though with long piping. It does seem to drop of boost significantly (3psi or more) at high RPM though, but I assume this is something else, not the Turbotech MBC.

Anyway I've ordered the Apexi Boost controlle for the Power FC so I will give that a go.

that's pretty normal... 2nd of feb was a friday, so the money wouldn't have hit the account until about 6th or 7th . Gotta make it then, and then send it out, so probably not enough time to receive by today. Don't worry you'll probably get it mid-late next week some time. He's just a one-man-band.

well all is well, its sweet as to drive boost hits hard much harder than factory settup.

but the only downfall is that it looses boost up top. i have it set at 14 pound atm. and when it drops off up in the high revs it goes to 11-12 pound... so not too bad it still pulls.

definatly an improvement!!!!

next thing i will buy is an EBC but untill then im happy with this

even tho i had to drill the hole my self... grrr....

yes, drill the hole.

cuz if you dont it keeps your wastegate open when you change gears and it lags like a mo-fo.

so you need to drill the hole to let teh extra pressure in the line between the actuator and the BC out.

my 1.1mm hole works just fine, so id say anything around that size would be good :D