SAU Community

HICAS, POWER STEER & Speed meter Problem

RB GUN

Hi guys..

2 days ago while i was driving around i felt my stering whel started to get hardened up on me and i also noticed that the hicas lite came on at around 60kmph and flashing... i also found out that my Speddo and ODO meter are not working either :) This morning i try to start the car and it dint.. i've got a RSM and it was showing between 9.6 and 10.1 Volts. So i took it to my mechanic and tthey replaced the Alternator . but my steering wheel is stil get hard after 3-5 mins of driving and HICAS light turns on with it..

The mechanic checked the wire to the gearbox for the odo and speedo .. abd they were fine and he said it might be my Dash. ???!?!!

I have got a after marker Steering wheel and Boskit so i have disconnected the HICAS module (3 years ago)

I was wondering if any of you guys had this problem. and iwould like to now the solution if there is any..

Cheers Guys.

Babak

Theevil, i do have a Blitz Supersonic BOV , but wat does it have to do with the power steer and ODO problem??

GTTR34 - Yeah everything else is working properly. and i also check all the fuses but they wer all OK. by the way my mech said that this model dash is a mechanical speddo and odometer dash. I called ADVAN in Sydney and Mr. "RipOff" Peter Hopkin said for the cable he charges me $180 + $90p/h Labor :P

Anyways.. thats news so far.

Thanks guys.. for ur attention to this thread.

Babak

What do I know? SFA but I do know the hicas is linked to the speed of your vehicle and that when hicas cuts out so does power steering as mine does when it gets wet:rant: I solved this by spraying lanosol on the connectors and it stopped but dont think this is your problem. It sounds like a speedo/wiring sort of thing but I know SFA.

ok thank u guy.. i think i might get the Speddo Cable fixed first then ill see if its ganna fix the hicas problem by doing this so.

Cheers again guys... :rofl:

Babak

I had this exact problem, low voltage causing the power steering to switch off (often halfway thru a corner!), turned out to be a dodgy cable between the alternator and battery.

• 4 weeks later...

MRPREZ,

Hey dude, I've got the same problem as you. Sometimes at night, when i turn on some music, and then i turn on the heater, HICAS comes on AND the Steering wheel hardens up too. However, I changed the battery and everything is all sugar.. So try that out..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...