SAU Community

R34 Gtr

<<<aZn_RoMeO>>>

hey, still in progress of modelling the car, just showing some workin progress.

its for my final assessment in this 3d course. will be animating. but i;m so behind will probrably have to sacracfice some real detail in the car. its a shame, will definatly fix laters when i have time.

do u guys have any suggestions??

gotta finsih up in a few days haha. so quick...might get your suggestions in.

it's looking really nice as it is... some flared front quarter panels would be sweet :P

but you're probably more interested in finishing the fundamentals of it

it's looking really nice as it is... some flared front quarter panels would be sweet :P

but you're probably more interested in finishing the fundamentals of it

whoa rrage, nice pic. i;ve never seen it before...(the vent thing)

yea..i would have added more details to like guards n stuff(mine look very rounded off right now, like a M3s front gaurds..but just really stressed for time... :) not even sure if have the time to make interior....... if i don;t, then will have to black out the windows or something :(.....

btw, i;m not using polygons, i;m using NURBS.

but yea anwways, in the final stages of modelling it now. just front bumper work, bits n pieces and tail lights.

Since i;m animating it, any suggestions for the background? have to start on that this week, was thinking a hardcore circut stuff, or maybe a toy r34 coming to life inside a hosue or something, with the works, exhust flames, bottoming out sparks, exhuast heat fumes and smoking up tires etc.

heres an update

I tried making a box car in 3d studio maxx once and quickly realised how much time and effort it was going to take and gave up after 5 attempts and before i turned into a hermit, so I can appreciate the excellent job you have done with that thing.

hey fellas, thanks for the comments.

pretty much finished the model. just add some black mesh in grill, indicators nad GT badge. maybe brake disc...prolly not calipers...if i do will be crap and i won;t render a frame clsoe to it :)

but yea. heres a update. been expirmenting with paints, and rendering methods.

R32gtr, yea i;ve tried box modelling too, but not in MAX, in Maya....omg i hate using polygons, just fully gave up as well. i found Nurbs to alot better, its just that it can get heaps messy with outline curves everywhere and unnessacary high detail. whereas polys u can get away with a single mesh. this model now has about 80 seperate pieces. :D