SAU Community

Good PS2 Games..

Driver

Hey

I just bort myself a ps2..

I want some GOOD games!

I got a few good driving games already but i wouldnt mind some good shooting games with good story lines. eg Max Payne or Half Life - And some kinda rpg games.. Games with useless storylines get boring after 5min!

Shadow of rome is pretty cool...

i love chopping peoples arms off and smashing their heads in with them... :rofl:

Final Fantasy X-2 is a bit mroe challenging than X... give that a go.

FPS? try Red Faction I or II and Medal of Honor series is pretty good (but some are quite short). you should also get Grand Theft Auto. start with GTA3, it's so cheap now, then move on to Vice City or even go straight to San Andreas.

Vice city is most definitely the best of the three later GTAs. San Andreas just didn't do it for me. The ghetto vibe and the dull colours made it hard to focus for me. Whilst I tried to play Vice City through to 100%.

I didn't really like FFX-2, thought FFX was much better, especially if you tried to max out things like the monster arena and the dark aeons.

I have quite a few PS2 games and most find themselves played for a few hours and then tossed to the side, the exceptions that get played to the end have been:

Final Fantasy X

Devil May Cry 3

Gran Turismo 3 and 4

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

SSX 1,2,3

Metal Gear Solid 2 - Really not a fan of 3. The jungle environ sucks big time and its too hard to see guards.

I have not come across a good FPS on PS2. FPS more designed for a pc imo.

I thought Metal Gear Solid 3 rocked! FF-X is definetely more challenging than FF-X2 in my opinion. What about Timesplitters 2 as a good FPS? I know the single player is kinda lame but the multiplayer is good value! I've spent soooo many hours on that game in 4 players (yes I did actually buy a PS2 multi tap!) and making your own levels is just the icing on the cake. I'm personally a fan of the Silent Hill series as well.

"Oh no, it's the cops!"

"Worse, the police cops!"

Giddey up for Tekken Tag! Even tho that game is ancient now, I can still remember many an epic battle with that game. Tekken 5 is looking really good, a real return to form. Plus it comes with arcade perfect versions of Tekkens 1, 2 and 3! Is Street Racing Syndicate good is it? I've seen it in the shops but haven't heard much about it.

"Oh no, it's the cops!"

"Worse, the police cops!"

I wouldnt be saying this if it was any other Final Fantasy but, give another RPG a go like:

Star Ocean 3

Suikoden 4

Xenosaga 1 or 2

Shadow Hearts

Shadow Hearts Covenant (part 2)

Having said that i bet that Final Fantasy 12 will be the best FF and my favourite game of all time. Sorry i just think X (10) was the worst of 7 Final fantasy games ive played, but it still rocks! There are just better RPgs out there.

Some more RPG's (and others..)

Phantasy Star 1,2

Tokyo Road Race (sick NORMAL car game, no mods or unrealistic speed, just good ol jap cars up for a spin on some good courses, very enjoyable!)

I dunno you wanna buy some of my games? lol i dont play much anymore thanks to world of warcraft! =~[

Fifa 05 cant go wrong!

Drakenguard

GT4... =D

We rented "The Punisher"

It was quite violent.

You get to torture people n stuff.

If you're not sure if you want to buy a game, go hire it first.

It's worth paying the $4 or $5 so you can take it home and have a decent play with it.

It's too hard to try and get the hang of games in store.

If you like it, buy it.... if you don't like it, then you haven't wasted $50+

britney's dancebeat :stupid:

nah j/k

good games for ps2 would be

midnight club3: dub edition (totally kicks nfsu2 :kick: )

gta san andreas

metal gear solid 3 (storyline absolutely rocks, everything about it rocked...although i preferred it to be set in present/ future timeframe instead of '60s)

gt4 (i think u already have that game :wassup: )

cant think of any others cos i keep playing on my xbox

I have these:

GT3 and 4

GTA: SA

SOCOM (SOCOM 2 is also out, SOCOM 3 has been announced)

WRC3 (not all that good) (got this with SOCOM for $65, can't lose :))

I am interested in getting God Of War, Devil May Cry 3: Dantes Awakening, Tekken 5 :rolleyes: