SAU Community

Help with HKS EVC III

Does anyone own one of these? Does anyone know how to use it properly?

Whenever i turn mine on, and set it to .9 bar or even 1 bar boost, the turbo ALWAYS goes over the set amount. Whereas if it is off, the turbo happily spools up to .8bar and stays at .8bar.

I dont know why if i set it .9bar it wont stay at .9bar.. instead it'll go up to .9bar, then over.9bar and then the needle on my boost guage goes a little crazy till it starts beeping at me.

ive got the unit and can remember the self reset

have you had this controller working before?

or is it one youve just installed? if youve just installed or brought it 2nd hand from someone try the self learn its in the manual

I've got one of these in my car, work's perfectly.

You need to activate the learn function so it know's how your car boost's and so forth. Usually this done on the dyno so you are able to load it up in 3rd gear, but can be done during driving.

I have the manual, both installation and instructions. If you need them just let me know, I can just email them to you, they are in pdf format.

Yeah I bought it with the car..

Thanks guys, i've found the instructions from the HKS website..

will be calibrating it this weekend, so hopefully it goes well..

just wanted to know why it kept doing what it did.. guess its not coz its properly calibrated.

Hey guys,

Just tried to set my EBC.. how the hell do you do it?

I've got the instructions - it says that the EBC should display a "3" when its ready to do the self learny thingy.. mine just stays on vacuum mode..

I just need to get it so that it stops spiking when i set it..

I dunno why it doesnt even seem to be working at all.. what are the different modes for? I've tried setting the EBC to .7bar, but my seems to just want to run .8bar.

I dont get it.. does anyone have any instructions in laymans terms?

Thanks.

i have one also and it's working fine. the unit must be reset preoperly and do the self learn corretly first! well if you need help to setup and live in sydney western area, send me a pm :D

To reset the module you must do the following:

With the iginition key in the on position and the power to the unit turned off, push and hold the "Mod" button. While holding the "Mod" button, push and hold the "Alt" button. Then while holding both "Mod" and the "Alt" buttons, push and hold the "Sbc" button. You should hear an audible beep.

If you do not hear a beep, your unit may not have presets programmed in the unit.

Hope this helps

Dude i wasnt aware the EVC III has an alt button. If so great if not.

Try Turning the ignition on ( so that EVC has Power to it). On the back of the EVC there is a toggle switch that is used to select either internal or external wastegate.

With ignition ON and EVC OFF press and hold SBC button in and flick the switch at the back from one to the other. ( make sure you put it back to internal or external gate)

You should now have a 3 on the display. read manual from there.

cheers

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your help..

I managed to reset the EBC, do the self learn thingy which set the boost at .76 bar

When i use the adjustment mode (by Pressing Mode Only once) and set it to .80 bar it still boosts to .76 bar. I also tried boosting to .85 bar but once the needle on the guage goes up to .8ish the needle just goes haywire and pivots back anf forth really quickly..

At this point i can also hear the induction of the air from the turbo in bursts which coincide with the needle on the guage...

Any suggestions?

Also - just curious, what happens if you set the EBC to an internal (external) wastegate if your car actually has an external (internal) wastegate?

the problem your talking about ive had before with the evc3. i found the cause in my case was loose wiring to the evc unit itself. i jiggled the wires that go into the unit and that fixed my problem

Hi Paul,

Nope i'm afraid that didnt seem to fix it..

its really getting frustrating..

Phil,

make sure your body valve (in the engine bay) is grounded to the chassi.

Midnight Racer:

here is a quick guide to set the boost!

1. press Mode to go to setting mode ie. boost setting

2. select either low or high boost setting by pressing SBC while press either low/high boost setting as required.

3. when in the low/high boost setting - dial in the boost required

4. then do the rest of the settings

hope this will help!!

Does anyone know how to change the boost setting for hks evc III  ??

it work good but can not change the boost setting, how to do it??

thanks

Phil,

make sure your body valve (in the engine bay) is grounded to the chassi.

Sorry i'm like a major n00b..

where abouts would i find that?

How come you think that could be what the problem is? If the unit is not grounded.. doesnt that mean that the circuit isnt complete and hence the unit wouldnt work at all?

the valve body is the black thing with hks logo on it with the 3 tubes. this is the solenoid. make sure its attached to the cars metal chassis somewhere, wether its bolted down or fastened down with a screw

• 4 weeks later...