SAU Community

Skyline GT-T R34 or Supra RZ?

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love my RZTT, it's an absolutely sensational car in almost all departments and has a real muscle car feel about when driving it. The engine is so refined, yet brutal when called for and the 6 speed box is great as well. The thing just feels bullet proof which give you piece of mind. I agree that the interior is really the only aspect of the car that is starting to show it’s age. From the outside however many people comment how they think my RZ is brand new when it’s actually a 93 model. Helps to have a good one however.

Although I love the R34's as well, they just felt more like a performance sedan rather than a sports car. Having said that, for actual track work the R34 GTR would be the sharper weapon (stock vs stock). At the end of day it really depends what you’re after.

go the 34!!!!! as someone else said the supra's starting to look dated, but im bias i got a 34 :D

seriously though, you'll most probably be wrapped with either or the 2 so go for whichever u decide on the day :P

When i was looking at purchasing a car last year, i was choosing between a Supra TT and an R34 GTT. Supra's look great and so do R34's but when i sat in a Supra... EEEk.. hated the interior. Just so uncomfortable, felt cluttered. I tried the R34.. so much more room and felt so comfortable.. so bought a R34 instead!!

I still check out Supra's when they drive by but i love my R34 more.

m2c ;)

Does it matter whether it's a 1994 or a 2000 build date?

well ye, i want one with low k's and if u get a late model supra there r some minor changes with aesthetics. Also knowing u have a 97 RZ instead of a 93 is a good feeling.

well ye, i want one with low k's and if u get a late model supra there r some minor changes with aesthetics. Also knowing u have a 97 RZ instead of a 93 is a good feeling.

OK then. I would guess that most MKIV Supras already in Australia have been brought in as cheaply as possible - i.e. older. You best bet for a newest possible model is to import under SEVS.

If you think importing is a bit chancy use an importer like SVI:

http://www.svi.com.au/

Who will import it for you, then there's no risk of the car you pay for not being able to be complied.

Depends on what models we are talking, if a later model RZ 6SPD, say 96+ then most definately the supra. I own an rb25det already and know its potential and limits, the 2JZ far exceeds these and is a next step up in my opinion.

But an older non upgraded brakes etc version then the 34 most probably because of age.

• 2 months later...

I own an R34 GT-T with an R33 GTR motor in it, but i sell these cars for a living. The R34 is a far more apealing car in terms of looks, styling etc. but performance wise and durability, the 2JZ is far better than the RB25. If you were comparing to a R33 GTR i would probably go for the GTR just because 1 its a GTR and 2 i am a nissan man, never owned anything but a nissan. Also the driving/seating position in the supra is pretty crap, you sit down too low, cant see over the bonnet properly (btw i am 6ft1) and you have heaps of blind spots due to the design of the hatch.

Take the supra, better quality car all round but make sure you go for the 96 model with the bigger brakes, better interior, recaro seats, 17" wheels yada yada yada we have one for sale at the moment for just over $30k immaculate 6spd with sexy work wheels. check it out if you're interested (kamikaze motors, nunawading, vic)

i would choose a R34 GT-T for sure but thats mainly cause i love skylines and also supras are becoming very common nowadays so i would rather something you dont see so often hence the R34

well ya hardley ever see them in perth anyways

• 8 months later...