SAU Community

RB sound differences

Bit of an oldie but i have a question!!!!!!! - My s14 (rb25det) seems to sound like some sort of angry whippersnipper ?!

6boost mani, 3 inch dump/front into cat, then 3 inch all the way to some weird twin pipe muffler thing(xforce? - its sh^t) ive dropped it at the diff before (removing the last muffler) and the whippersnipper just gets angrier and begins to sound like a rally car.....has anyone else experienced this lol?

Aiden

HD video or it didnt happen!

I wanna see this pissed off whipper snipper!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can talk!!!! lol

:rolleyes::whistling:

theres a difference when you know exactly what you are doing as opposed to bringing out the old "ooh yeah now i know this is an oldi and all,buttt..."

Edited by 045HOW

ive found that even a small change in capacity changes the exhaust note, years ago i swapped out a A12 for an A14 and used exactly the same exhaust system on both motors, the A14 was a lot quieter and had a SLIGHTLY deeper note

Betting it will mainly be the 6boost manifold :) Not against hearing the sound of an RB running one, though!

i noticed my ETM manifold gave it more of a deep throaty sound. (very similar design to the 6boost)

Bit of an oldie but i have a question!!!!!!! - My s14 (rb25det) seems to sound like some sort of angry whippersnipper ?!

6boost mani, 3 inch dump/front into cat, then 3 inch all the way to some weird twin pipe muffler thing(xforce? - its sh^t) ive dropped it at the diff before (removing the last muffler) and the whippersnipper just gets angrier and begins to sound like a rally car.....has anyone else experienced this lol?

Aiden

Tend to agree, my previous 25, 6boost, single turbo, external gate plumbed back in and Xforce 3inch sounded more like a MotoGP bike than an RB when up it, quite high pitched and very different to a 26.

• 2 years later...

Rite. I haven't read threw posts. But I have an rb25det, 6boost top mount, t67, 3 inch, no cat, resinator, 3.5 inch then jazma muffler.

Now. I've heard rbs with china manifolds an 3 inch exhaust sound better.

Mine sounds deep and droney when it's not on boost. I don't like it. I want this unique sound I've heard before, it's raw and almost raspy. I'm guessing it's my Rez and muffler. I don't want it any louder. If anything I'd like it a lil quieter but there's a special sound I'm chasing off boost. Can anyone help?

imo nothing sounds better than a 25 with 26 crank n rod's with oversize piston

making what they call a 2.7lt in Japan they build them alot there

coupled with a good quality stainless manifold

The vidio Is what I would like it to sound like. I wouldn't bother recording mine cause it just sounds like a mazda 1800 dohc turbo.

I'm not worried hat it sounds like when i give it stick as the external takes care of that